Sansa Clip has frozen every song on pause, help!

My Sansa Clip has frozen all of my songs on pause.  If I press play it says it is playing but nothing happens, then when I skip to the next song it is on pause.  Ive tried everything to fix it but it just stays on pause, id be really grateful if you could help.

Your firmware could be corrupted, although I’ve never heard those symptoms before. The latest firmware update and instructions to manually install it are here.

If that doesn’t help, it may be a hardware related issue. Time for a call to SanDisk Tech Support for a possible RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) under the 1 year replacement warranty.

Let us know what happens (or doesn’t). :smiley:

First thing to try is a reset. With it ON, hold the power switch up for 30 seconds, then release. It will shut off beofre that, but continue to hold the switch for the full time. Now see how it works when you turn it on again.

If it’s the same, your firmware could be corrupted, although I’ve never heard those symptoms before. The latest firmware update and instructions to manually install it are here.

You can also run ChkDsk to see if your music files are corrupted. If so, using the /f switch will attempt to ‘fix’ them. A more drastic approach is to format the memory, but that’s going to wipe everything (except firmware & operating files) so you’ll have to completely re-load all your content.

If that doesn’t help, it may be a hardware related issue. Time for a call to SanDisk Tech Support for a possible RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) under the 1 year replacement warranty.

Let us know what happens (or doesn’t). :smiley:

how to unlock sabsa mp3

Thanks for the advice.  I have had to format everything and reload content.  It is working again at the moment, so fingers crossed it continues!  Thanks again.