Highlighted

Re: Sansa Clip frozen on startup screen - can't reset, can't update firmware

yes, I am having the same problem.  it was working, then locked up, reset about 10 times, finally came back for one training session, then during my session it locked up and said refreshing media, now it is stuck on the login (clover) screen.  

I am using Media Monkey to setup a playlist, not sure if that is causing the problem.  some kind of corruption, but again, since I can't get the PC to recognize it, I can't even reformat.  

Also, i have a micro sd card.  I removed that to hope i can reformat, but still locked up.    This is not the only time OR SanDisk MP3 player that I have had this problem with.     

The only Sandisk mp3 player that I have that still hasn't crashed is my old original 4 year clip, all the new ones have bombed.  ugh!!!!   

Highlighted

I have tried reset several for a minute or more and it is still frozen. That used to work.  It appears to happen when it has been on the charger for a long time. I let it discharge and I can recover it.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Is it possible that the charger is the problem? How about charging it from the computer USB?

Highlighted

I have the same problem, with my sansa clip+. It is quite old,  bought it at least 3 years ago, so maybe thats the problem and it is completely dead and cannot be repaired. 
So, when I was turning on the device, I accidentally removed the micro SD card, and since then it is stuck on the flower logo. Resetting, holding down the power button turns it off, but when I turn it on again, nothing changes. Still stuck at the logo. I tried this several times. Connecting to a PC also does nothing, the PC does not see the device, connecting it to the PC while holding "select" button or any other - also nothing (some people suggested that in other topics).
Is there any possibility to make it work? Any other methods? Or it is broken completely?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Just to be clear: Try connecting with:

1) Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer) onscreen

2) USB plugged into a computer port

3) The unit powered OFF and holding down the << button (not Select).

Then connect to the unit.

It is possible it's dead, but this is worth a try.