Sansa Clip+ connect to VW Golf Mk7

Hi guys,

Recently I got a VW Golf 7 and I’ve been trying to connect my Sansa Clip+ with it through USB.

It’s not working though.

The device is in MSC mode and yes AUX works perfectly but that’s not what I want, I want to know if there’s a way to make it work through USB.

In MTP mode, the device connects and the 2 drives (internal + microsd) are visible, but I can’t load anything on them and eventually the display just reads “Malfunction”. In MSC mode, it looks like it wants to connect to the Clip+, there’s a message on the display saying “connecting to device” or something like that and my Clip+ says it’s connected and reading. Charging the battery via USB works perfectly. However after a few minutes of that “connecting to device” message nothing seems to happen and the Clip+ is not recognized by the stereo.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If you have an SD card, you could try removing it. A lot of stereos freak out if they see two disks on one USB port. Make sure all your music was added with MSC mode.

I rented a Mazda 6 and it took it 20 minutes to load my player with about 1000 songs. 

"I rented a Mazda 6 and it took it 20 minutes to load my player with about 1000 songs. "

No can do even after 40 minutes it won’t start up.

“If you have an SD card, you could try removing it. A lot of stereos freak out if they see two disks on one USB port. Make sure all your music was added with MSC mode.”

I could do that but then the Clip+ is completely useless to me as it’s got only 8 GB of memory, almost all of my music is on the SD card.

So I guess I just have to get a micro SD to SD adapter and use that in my car instead. That’s kindof a shame, but oh well :slight_smile:

@duts wrote:

I could do that but then the Clip+ is completely useless to me as it’s got only 8 GB of memory, almost all of my music is on the SD card.

So I guess I just have to get a micro SD to SD adapter and use that in my car instead. That’s kindof a shame, but oh well :slight_smile:

Why is it a shame? That’s what I do. Why place wear & tear on your player when if you load all your music onto an SD card and use a card reader to plug into the USB port of your car’s stereo, it will do the same thing. And you’re not subjecting your player to extreme heat and/or cold, inevitable finite battery life or curious eyes of would-be thieves when you park the car.

SD cards (micro or full size) and card readers are dirt cheap. You could even just buy an extra card, copy all you music to it and leave it (and the card reader) in the car. That way you’re not pulling the card out of your player all the time and having to wait for the database refresh when you put it back it.

:smiley:

Yeah it’s not that, it just means that the Sansa Clip+ which I only bought like half a year ago is kinda useless to me now because I mostly only use it in my car… that’s why it’s a shame. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yes I’ll most likely be going for an SD adapter. Cheers.