Sansa Clip causes computer to freeze up.

Hello,

I  have a Sansa clip and have a major problem.  I use Firefox, with Rhapsody as my music source.

About one week ago when I plugged the unit into my computer to manage my music I stopped getting the acknowledgement on the bottom of the screen that it was plugged in.  When I attempted to transfer about 30 track it accepted about 7 of them.  When I attempted again to transfer the original tracks I wanted plus others, my computer began to freeze up for periods of 30 seconds or longer.  When it unfroze and I attempted again to transfer the tracks the freeze would happen again.  I eventually had to unplug the unit and reboot the computer.  I tried it again later on with the same results.

I’m wondering if the Sansa Clip has come to the end of the line and I need to buy a new MP3 player or if something can be done to correct this problem.

Is there anyone on this esteemed body who can offer some insight?

Respectfully, DonDoRondo

If you have all the music safely stored on the computer, I would format the clip (using clip menu), set it to MSC mode and see what it does. Try drop and drag files but not too many at a time, see if any particular files give a problem.

@dave61430 wrote:

If you have all the music safely stored on the computer, I would format the clip (using clip menu), set it to MSC mode and see what it does. Try drop and drag files but not too many at a time, see if any particular files give a problem.

That really won’t work, as the OP stated he is using Rhapsody music service. MTP mode is required to transfer the licenses for the DRM-encryprted music files. Remember with Rhapsody, the music doesn’t really belong to you; you are merely ‘renting’ it.  And if he formats the player and starts over, it could bugger things up even more.

A different cable might be a worthwhile try. :wink:

Thank you Tapeworm,

I went out and got a  new cable, plugged it in, and still got no acknowledgement at the bottom of the screen that Sansa 8 was plugged in.  I reformatted the Sansa, uninstalled, then reinstalled Rhapsody, and attempted to transfer in a few songs.  Again, it froze up the computer so I’m done with it…farewell Sansa Clip.