Sansa Clip + and 8GB MicroSD Not Working

@tapeworm wrote:

@tracyohus wrote:

I just realized I don’t have to wait for it to charge up to test it.  I can test it while it is plugged into the charger.  The replacement 8GB Clip+ works!   It can read the exact sam card that my original 8GB Clip+ could not read.

Probably shouldn’t be making a habit of inserting a memory card while the player is powered on, as it is when charging.

Unless you’re looking forward to exchanging it again because you shorted either the player or the card out. :wink:

Two things…  One, you can turn the player off while it is plugged into the charger.  Two, none of these three players I have available to check will recognize a card if you turn the player off before putting the card in.  They just stall when you do that.  Since all three of these brand new players do that - and do so with a genuine Sandisk card, this is a common characteristic of the player…  All three of these Clip+ players I have available to check will only recognise a card if you insert the card while the player is on.  My previous 8GB Clip+ would not recognise content on a card at all - no matter what…  Anyways, if you bother to watch the info videos from Sandisk, they clearly show cards being inserted into the player - and removed from the player - while the player ON.