Sansa Clip USB port problem

Suddenly my usb port is not more able to recognize sansa clip digital player and 2 minutes before was working properly.

I tryed to change also to MSC but there’s no way to solve this problem

I also reset all the settings :frowning:

Any ideas out there?

Rgds

Tony

A fallback often is to reformat the Clip under its Settings. 

I tried that and it didn’t work.  I have a sansa 4 gb clip that worked fine, then I put it through the airport scanner at the airport and now it powers off completely when I plug it into a USB port.  I’ve tried various usb settings, tried resetting everthing using both the power/reset button and software reset all.  Tried formatting the disk.  It doesn’t charge or light up with the normal charging display, nor does the computer recognize it.  It powers on as soon as I unplug the USB port from either the mp3 player side or the computer side.

First, try your Clip and make sure that it plays music OK.

An airport scanner can be any one of several types, X-ray, RF metal detector, or even low power microwave (millimeter-wave) for the new full-body scanners.  The RF energy of these is worlds apart from the 1kW radar transmitter used to nuke your soup, and shouldn’t harm you, nor your little Sansa.

Did anything change on your computer? 

Plug in your Clip and let us know what activity you see.  It’s possible that there may be a hardware issue with the USB bus system on your Clip, and it may be coincidence that it failed following your trip.

Bob  :wink:

The player played music (until I formatted it).  I think it most likely is an internal usb error in the clip since I’ve tried multiple computers and different cables with the results always being the same (ie, when the usb is plugged in the sansa goes dark and isn’t detected by anything).

It seems to operate normally when the USB is not plugged in.  I can listen to FM on it normally.  Since its formatted it has no music recorded on it and since its hosed with a usb connection I can’t record anything to try playing from memory.

I’ve had it plugged in for 24 hours now and there is no difference at all in either the battery charge (80%) or its response when plugged in or unplugged.  My wife has an identical player and I plugged it in to all USB ports on my computer using both usb cables and it connects and charges normally.  Mine just goes black still.  Must be a usb internal problem.  Any other ideas before I trash it?

I would contact Support (in the US, 1-866-SanDisk), or check on the Support links after clicking on the SanDisk logo in the upper left of this page.  Your Clip has a one year warranty (2 years Europe).

µsansa

OK, thanks.