Re: Sansa Clip+ MP3-Player >> "Not enough space for music DB. Please free 90MB."

Hey you can try out some of the solution that has been mentioned here, just check it out and see if they are helping you or not.

SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa Clip+ MP3-Player >> "Not enough space for music DB. Please free 90MB."

khalnayak wrote:

Hey you can try out some of the solution that has been mentioned here, just check it out and see if they are helping you or not.

All of which was already mentioned earlier in this thread and can be found in SanDisk's own searchable KnowledgeBase Support Center, but thanks anyway. Smiley Wink

I faced the same problem and solved it using the "SD formatter" software.

The format does not erase the sansa system files.

You can download it from the SD Association

I have tried all the solutions on this site to fix my clip . I have found the best way to fix it. You will need a good pair of steel toed boots and a hammer .Lay your clip on a hard surface and hit it as hard as you can with the hammer, them stomp on it with your steel toed boots. This works great, now go out and by a IPOD!!!  It is the only thing that worked.

SanDisk Guru

Sorry you hadn't posted here--perhaps people here could have helped you.

SanDisk Guru

hadenough wrote:

I have tried all the solutions on this site to fix my clip . I have found the best way to fix it. You will need a good pair of steel toed boots and a hammer .Lay your clip on a hard surface and hit it as hard as you can with the hammer, them stomp on it with your steel toed boots. This works great, now go out and by a IPOD!!!  It is the only thing that worked.

Disregarding the fact that this solution is excessive over-kill (and probably totally unnecessary in the first place given the assistance provided on this forum and from the available SanDisk Customer Service/Tech Support), I fail to see how the toes (steel or otherwise) of your boots are going to affect the impact of the heels (or soles) on the target device. Smiley Frustrated Smiley Indifferent Smiley Tongue

SanDisk Guru

Oh, that's right. doPi players never have problems. Good luck with that. 

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipod/ipod-faq/ipod-troubleshooting-wont-turn-on-appear-hung-sa...

Hello there,

I have the very same problem Dannefel has. Despite all the ideas that came up, none worked for me. I wish I could format the sansa player, but how to format something that is not recognised as a usb device on the first place ?

I also tried to plug a micro SD card (well, it says it needs more space, so I tried that...) and it doesn't change a thing.

I really spend a lot of time trying to find a solution to this, without any success.

Thanks for your help.

SanDisk Guru

What steps have you tried?

Have you tried changing Settings/System Settings/USB Mode to MSC. 

Have you tried holding down the home button and various combinations of << or >> or > or [] while connecting.

Have you tried a different USB cord. 

Have you tried a different USB port on your computer.

Have you tried a different computer. 

Have you tried Settings/System Setttings/Format on the unit itself. 

Have you tried calling 1-866-SANDISK or the customer service number in your country. 

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

I too, have been getting the same error message (Not enough space....) on my Sansa Clip+ 4GB.

I am unable to try reformatting my player because when I connect to my computer, while it is recognized (not as SansaClip like it used to be, but as Removable Disk F: I cannot right click on the link to that drive. It locks up my explorer panel  - essentially just hangs and I have to force a close of my Explorer window. 

I have tried using a different computer with the same result.

I'm thinking that I could try to reformat using DOS, would that work? Is there something else I should try instead?

I am also confused on the whole MSC/MTP modes. I've tried connecting to my computer while holding the center button on the front of my player, but I notice no difference either in the players display or the way my computer sees the player. How do I know if I did it correctly?

Please help! I'm afraid it's now a brick Smiley Sad