SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa Clip+ MP3-Player >> "Not enough space for music DB. Please free 90MB."

[ Edited ]

Is it recognized as an external drive named SANSA CLIP?

That's what you want. First, try error-checking. Right-click on SANSA CLIP, Properties, Tools, Error-checking. Sometimes that alone can fix the "Not enough space" glitch. 

Otherwise, just right-click and Format: , which will erase your added files.  

Unlike formatting your computer hard drive, it will NOT erase the Sansa firmware, which is in a separate hidden partition. 

If it's not showing SANSA CLIP, then  with the USB cord plugged into your computer and Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer) open onscreen, try holding down the << or center or >> button while you plug in the micro-USB connector.

That should force it into MSC mode and SANSA CLIP (internal memory) and Removable Disc should pop up in Computer.  

Then right-click on SANSA CLIP and do Error-Checking or Format: 

mw

Re: Sansa Clip+ MP3-Player >> "Not enough space for music DB. Please free 90MB."

Hi,

Thanks for the very clear instructions. When I click on "format" nothing happens. When I open properties (it recognizes the player as a "sanza clipp"), go to tools, and click on fix errors, that new little window fades a bit as if it is doing something, stays that way for a while, and then disappears, without anything changing in the mp3 player. So no instructions seem to be getting through. I tried your adive on two Windows 7 computers.

Any thoughts?

mw

Ignore the other post! I clicked on format one last time. I thought nothing happened, went away, came back in fifteen minutes and the formatting  window had popped up. It went through its paces, and now the clip is working fine. Thanks so much..

Hello

I have same problem with sansa clip+

I read all suggestion and than i tried two points
- reset > noting happen
- msc > one time work than format not completed

Any other solution offer to me for stuck sansa or can use as a brick ?

Thank you in advance for
SanDisk Guru

Did you try running ChkDsk/Error-Checking?

I finally got past this and found a fix.  I held down the power button until it got to the message "Refreshing your meida."  That task never couldn't complete, so the player stayed on until the battery failed.  Then I attached the Clip Player to a USB port on my Windows 7 PC.  Amazingly the PC once again recognized it as a valid device, and, from Windows Media Player I was able to reformat it  After that it worked normally again.

Highlighted

Black Rectangle - ~Thank you so much for your solution.  Its now working as it should. Smiley LOL