Sansa Clip+ Frozen when returning to song list

Hi! Hola from Spain!

I’ve been using my new Clip+ for a week and I was pretty happy about it, but unfortunately since 2 days ago, it freezes whenever I’m listening to a song and I try to go back to the songlist. So, if I’m listening to a song and I choose “Back to Music List”, it freezes and there’s nothing I can do, I can´t turn it of or restart it manually. It restarts or turns itself off automatically after some random time.

Is there anyone experiencing a similar issue? Any clue on how to solve it?

Try reinstalling the firmware using the manual method. Don’t install the Updater.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Update-01-02-18/td-p/280756

And if that doesn’t work, try a reformat under the player’s System settings–but first transfer any content you want to keep to your computer (the player’s reformat will erase user content on the player). 

Hi Alejandrisimo, I was just wodnering which step fixed this issue for you about freezing? 

@mikkirourke wrote:

Hi Alejandrisimo, I was just wodnering which step fixed this issue for you about freezing? 

Might want to wait until the OP has a chance to respond. It’s only been a day since he posted. :confounded:

Thanks!

Installing the latest firmware seems to have solved the problem. I just hope this solutions will last, because in the beginning, two weeks ago, the Sansa was working perfectly aswell. But for now I’m happy. :wink: Thanks again.

Great to hear!  Software glitches happen, and hopefully, this has taken care of matters!

Unfortunately, after a week or so after having updated the firmware, the problem persists. Now in addition to it I got another error message: “not enough memory for music databse”, so I’m unable to use the Clip at all…

I’m afraid I’m going to ask for a refund. The concept of the clip is great, but I find it poorly designed and prone to software and hardware problems (at least mine).

@alejandrisimo wrote:

Unfortunately, after a week or so after having updated the firmware, the problem persists. Now in addition to it I got another error message: _ “not enough memory for music databse” _, so I’m unable to use the Clip at all…

I’m afraid I’m going to ask for a refund. The concept of the clip is great, but I find it poorly designed and prone to software and hardware problems (at least mine).

This message usually means the FAT is corrupted; you should format the player. Easy enough to do; there is a Format option in Settings > System Settings, but doing that clears the memory so you will have to re-load all your content.

The problem seems to be isolated to just yours; there are millions of units out there and very few have any problems. Try formatting it and see if that doesn’t help. If not, then by all means return it.