Sansa Clip Firmware Update

billbillbill wrote:
 please help me! i need firmware version 02.01.29 or 02.01.30. does anyone have the .bin file so i can do the update manually. i believe the sound quality is worse on version 02.01.32 and 02.01.35a, thanks

I don’t believe the versions you’ve asked about were released.  See the archive.

Miikerman wrote:

billbillbill wrote:
 please help me! i need firmware version 02.01.29 or 02.01.30. does anyone have the .bin file so i can do the update manually. i believe the sound quality is worse on version 02.01.32 and 02.01.35a, thanks

I don’t believe the versions you’ve asked about were released.  See the archive.

Maybe the v2 Clips weren’t out yet?

I think SanDisk just wasn’t publicly releasing firmwares necessarily in consecuive order. 

I think SanDisk just wasn’t publicly releasing firmwares necessarily in consecutive order; interim number versions may have existed and were being worked on, but did not get to a release level.

I purchased a clip+ 8GB and would also like to remove the radio.

How do I do it?

You may want to post in the Clip+ forum, to begin with, and to start your own thread, using a descriptive Subject heading …

:wink:

And did you try a search, using the box at the upper left?  I believe that this has been discussed before–you may find your answer there.

Today, i updated my Sansa Clip 2 GB with the new firmware! Many things are better, but before I did the update, I mean in the old version of firmware, there was a function to increase the volume on much higher level instead of the standard volume, important for use of big headphones! The function is disappeared! This function is also necessary when you are in louder environments! Now you can hear than barely nothin’! Not more than a whisper! I hope you’ll see the problem dear support-team and could fix it as soon as possible!

Thank you very much!

Frank

The option still is there, just not for the region you selected (the EU?  which has a volume limitation regulation).  Under the Clip’s settings, choose reset all and when the region option appears, choose N America or Rest of World, each of which has a high volume option  under the settings.  (You also may need to re=select the USB mode as well.)

The option still is there, just not for the region you selected (the EU?  which has a volume limitation regulation).  Under the Clip’s settings, choose reset all and when the region option appears, choose N America or Rest of World, each of which has a high volume option  under the settings.  (You also may need to re-select the USB mode as well.)

Hi, may I ask for help with my 4Gb Clip?

It was working ok with the 01.01.35 ?  firmware.

This morning I tried the Rockbox utility, and didn’t succeed.

Now the Clip is connected via USB to this computer, and the screen says “Bootloader USB mode”.

I’ve not been able to get it working at all, and I can’t get it to reload the original firmware, m300a.bin

Thanks a lot,

Sheldon

@sheldonisaac wrote:

Hi, may I ask for help with my 4Gb Clip?

It was working ok with the 01.01.35 ?  firmware.

This morning I tried the Rockbox utility, and didn’t succeed.

Now the Clip is connected via USB to this computer, and the screen says “Bootloader USB mode”.

I’ve not been able to get it working at all, and I can’t get it to reload the original firmware, m300a.bin

Seems the place you should be asking is at the Rockbox forums, since it was working fine until you attempted to put Rockbox on it.

And by the way . . . posting your phone number on a public internet forum where anyone in the world has access to it is so not a smart thing to do. :dizzy_face:

Tapeworm wrote (IN PART):

Seems the place you should be asking is at the Rockbox forums, since it was working fine until you attempted to put Rockbox on it.

Thanks, I did ask once at a Rockbox forum, but didn’t get a solution.

What has worked came from Marvin_Martian, who messaged as below. BIG thanks to him.

On your rockbox forum link you mentioned “Not enough space for Music DB. Please free 30 MB”. That means your music files are corrupt, so the original firmware won’t run.

What you will have to do is connect it to your computer and format the player completely, then start over, with sansa firmware and the rockbox utility.

One way to make sure your files don’t get corrupted on the player when you load them is to set them as read-only on your computer before you ever load them on the player.

MY sansa clip simply will not update.   Im not sure why it is.  the  Updater program will freeze at %50.  when i try to  manualy download then copy the file into the Clip it will Freeze at %95 im not sure what to do.   I only wanted to updated because   when i tried to sync a file to the clip through WMP …it froze lol.  

any ideas on this?  

@guyish234 wrote:

MY sansa clip simply will not update.   Im not sure why it is.  the  Updater program will freeze at %50.  when i try to  manualy download then copy the file into the Clip it will Freeze at %95 im not sure what to do.   I only wanted to updated because   when i tried to sync a file to the clip through WMP …it froze lol.  

any ideas on this?  

Try using MSC mode on your player instead of MTP.

He actualizado el Firmware y he perdido la opción de ‘Volumen’ que se podía configurar como Normal o Alto. El volumen ahora queda demasiado bajo. La versión de mi Sansa Clip es V02.01.35F. Gracias.

Ir a Ajustes y seleccione Restablecer a configuración de fábrica. No seleccione Europa en la región.

La seleccion de USA o Demas del mundo tiene la opcion de Alto para Volumen.

I’ve tried installing the updater on my pc and when I click on it, I click on the run and nothing happens. 

Also when I hooked the clip up to the pc, I didn’t find a root directory anywhere either.

The Updater is not needed and simply, unnecessarily, consumes computer resources.  To update the firmware, it is just as easy to manually do so–see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.

The Updater is not needed and simply, unnecessarily, consumes computer resources.  To update the firmware, it is just as easy to manually do so–see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.