Sansa Clip Firmware Update

@gwk1967 wrote:
What does that mean, exactly? Are you abandoning work on fixing the pitch bug on ALL devices now?

Well, look at his exact words:

"For those who can detect sound differenceswith [sic] their naked ears during actual use and not via frequency analysis, ourproducts [sic] may not be the best choice for them."

Note that he used the plural of “product” rather than say “Clip” – I think it would take a major “whistling past the graveyard” effort to see this in any way other than as it reads.

When a company talls me to avoid their products – without specifying any particular model – if I care about quality, what grade of naive would I need to be to not take them at their word?

I realize the paradox here – we DID take them at their word when they said that the fix was there, ready to be dropped into the next firmware release, so we should just be patient.  But, I think it’s just an “apparent paradox” – I think we’re OK if we take them at their word when they are delivering BAD news.  It only seems to be when they are making “campaign promises” that we should not get our hopes up.  (I think of it in those terms, having been trained by the best politicians in the land not to believe the promises they mke when trying to gain my support.)

Message Edited by PickMorel on 09-24-2009 05:51 AM