Sansa Clip Firmware Update

@slotmonsta wrote:

Over the last few days there have been several meetings withEngineering, Marketing, and Product Management regarding the pitch issue someusers have seen. Please see below a statement regarding the decision that wasreached as a result of these meetings.

At SanDisk, our goal with our Sansa MP3 product line is toprovide products which deliver a quality consumer experience at price pointswhich are accessible to the majority of the population.  Our “value” positioning has served us wellhistorically, although we acknowledge that occasionally our products do notlive up to some users’ expectations.  Theissues raised on this Forum regarding sound fidelity are important to ushowever due to trade-off decisions that were made in engineering these productsto deliver superior consumer value at what we believe are extremely attractiveprice points, our sound fidelity isn’t perfect.  We have re-evaluated the possibility of reducingthe pitch variation and due to the engineering trade-offs the decision was madeto stay with the current design. Very few listeners, however, have noticed orcomplained about it as an issue in actual practice.  For those who can detect sound differenceswith their naked ears during actual use and not via frequency analysis, ourproducts may not be the best choice for them.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

If you have noticed this message has been posted in several threads relating to this issue. Unfortunately during the copy and pasting process I did not notice the errors in this particular post. I have edited the original post to correct the grammatical errors and I thank you for pointing them out. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

This is so classic.

Like the sound problem, I didn’t notice at first the absolutely awful composition above – and how ironic that they’d be SO sloppy in a lawyer-speak drop-dead-letter crafted for the purpose of explaining how they are content to deliver cruddy audio rendition.

And, like the sound problem, once you DO notice it, you can’t help NOT noticing it.

(If this irony point ends up in wikipedia too (I wouldn’t be surprised), don’t blame ME for it. I don’t edit there.  Tried a few times, minor things, to correct some errors, notHing at all out of line, but they were inevitably reversed by the cult there, so screw it.)

But, I guess that having yourwords posted in a waythat makes themrun together is OK in a productthat doesn’t really pretendto be anything better than runof the mill.

The only real problem is that actual “run of the mill”  stuff does NOT exhibit this really sad failure.

So explain to me again how this amounts to “superior consumer value at what we believe are extremely attractiveprice [sic] points”?  A no-name “MP4 Player” that costs much less than the Sansa gear CAN carry a tune – so what is the motivation for paying a premium for the Sansa brand?

By the way, I find it curious that after my previous post, I can no longer access this forum using that computer.  I kept checking for several hours and each time the connection would hang.  I thought they were probably having server problems – then I wondered if they’d taken the forum offline as a hamfisted method of dealing with the dissent.  I then checked some other forums to see if anyone was discussing the forum being offline, and found no such commentary.  So, I logged in with a different computer, and here I am, posting. Hopefully this post will go through.

I still cannot access the forum from that other browser – I can reach other sites from there, but THIS site is a dead end.

So, am I being partially blocked?  Are OTHER posters being blocked too, if that’s the case?  I hope not, but if so, that sort of heavyhanded nonsense can only backfire.

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 09-24-2009 04:30 PM