Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.18

When installing manually, _it is critical that the firmware file downloaded is unzipped or decompressed _prior to transfer to the Sansa.  Additionally, the file must be placed in the root directory, and not in any of the folders present.

When you unplug, the “firmware upgrade in progress” screen will appear.

There is a normal delay of a few days between posting the latest firmware builds here on the forum, and inclusion to the automated Sansa Updater.  If you have any problem installing manually, the Sansa Updater will transfer and decompress the file automatically for you, a few days after the initial release.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

01/02/16 version radio feature removal was performed by changing the last letter in the file name from A to G,
How do I perform the act of removing the radio in the current version (01.02.18)?.

just remove the v010218 and replace it with a G

I sent an email to the admin. they will update the file soon so it is as it normally would be clppa.bin 

I’m trying to install the update on my clip. The updater tells me same ase OLEDCRT. I tried the manual download.

I clicked on it & it wanted to extract w/winzip. They’re telling me it’s not free anymore. I tried downloading 7 zip (c-net says it’s great & can open all zip files).

It extracted it into my vlc program & msg says that’s not an option w/that program.

Is there some way I can extract this file w/o having to purchase winzip

I tried to rename the file to clppg.bin, and copy it to the device (MSC through and through auto detect) and it failed to remove the radio. I turned to for support and they had a solution, if someone could help me I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

@chayim12 wrote:

I tried to rename the file to clppg.bin, and copy it to the device (MSC through and through auto detect) and it failed to remove the radio. I turned to for support and they had a solution, if someone could help me I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

just tried it and it looks like that does not work with this firmware. you will need to downgrade to .16 if you want to remove the FM radio. link to .16 below

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Update-01-02-16/m-p/150227/highlight/true#M31277

1 Like

Just a note that after updating my volume was reset to what I assume is factory default.  After changing I’m thinking it’s still a bit on the low side.  It’s still plenty loud enough through the head phones, I just have to turn it up to “11” when I use it in the car stereo thru an adapter. 

It’s probably the EU volume cap. Read this:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/No-more-High-setting-in-music-volume/m-p/143082/highlight/true#M32400

hello there,

since implementing this last update i have noticed that performance has become a little sluggish, however this is not a huge problem.

a problamatic issue has also arisen; when locking the clip+, i find that the device is crashing after a few seconds - playback ceases and i have to wait a while until it becomes usable again. this is a little annoying, as it meant that i have to refrain from locking the device and experience the issues associated with that…

is this a known issue?

i have the 8gb vesion, with 8gb memory card, with over 250mb free internally and externally.

any advice or a remedy would be appreciated.

thanks,

dan

I thought I could throw away my Sansa Clip + it was completed locked by updating the database but happy enough there is firmware 01.02.18.

The manual update gave my a new Sansa Clip + .

Thanks

I did updating of my Sansa Clip + for version 01.02.18, but I’m having some problems: It restarts when it’s playing FLAC files.

1 Like

Wow !

Finally !!!

I was having nightmare because of this “freaky frozen thing” with my clip+ !!!

I did everything, format, reformat, I even got some software to remove ID TAG from mp3, 

anyhow !!! This is the best !!! No problem anymore !

worked for me !

@arjang wrote:

Wow !

Finally !!!

anyhow !!! This is the best !!! No problem anymore !

worked for me !

“What” worked for you??? :confounded:

I have so many mp3s which I couldnt play because It was cause of freezing/hanging the sandisk !

now I tested all of them and Im happy !

what was your problem ?

Mine is still hanging on some MP3s after this upgrade :frowning: 4GB, 32 GB external microSD)

@henrikar wrote:

Mine is still hanging on some MP3s after this upgrade :frowning: 4GB, 32 GB external microSD)

Answered in your duplicate post:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/MP3s-no-longer-play-from-external-microSD-after-upgrading-to/m-p/285140#M42537

@dandan_1976 - I have exactly the same issue with player freezing and resetting when locked. I have discovered that this happens if the following conditions are met:

-          music files are played regardless of format (does not happen when playing FM radio)

-          backlight time is set to 5 or 10 seconds.

I am currently bypassing the problem by setting backlight to 15 seconds. Check if it works for you.

Sandisk support offered me to exchange the player but as the procedure takes a few weeks I learned to live with it.

The Sandisk Updater haven’t worked for me with my Clip+ players at all. I get an installation failed everytime, running win 7. I guess im not alone?

@djchristian wrote:

The Sandisk Updater haven’t worked for me with my Clip+ players at all. I get an installation failed everytime, running win 7. I guess im not alone?

Why not just update manually? It will take less time than installing the Updater and waiting for it to perform the update.

After update firmware from 01.02.16f to 01.02.18 my PC not reconize player and show the message “one of yours devices have failure but system not rconize it”. WTF? My system is WinXP (before update everything was OK).