Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.16

Even faster and easier than using the Sansa Updater–which consumes computer system resources, with its “always-on” state–is to manually apply the latest firmware upgrade, provided, with instructions (simple) as to how to do this, in the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.

hi did you fix the volume thing as i cant seem to find how to do it/. I installed lates firmware and volume is gone and it’s too low now :frowning: cant fix it. help!!!

@purple97 wrote:

hi did you fix the volume thing as i cant seem to find how to do it/. I installed lates firmware and volume is gone and it’s too low now :frowning: cant fix it. help!!!

Reset Factory Settings (in Settings > System Settings) and choose either North America or Rest of World as your ‘Region’ (after language option). If you select Europe your volume will be lower due to the EU restriction.

Please help. I have Sansa clip+ with v01.02.15P.

I don’t need the radio function, but i want my player to have volume high option (same as im having now).

what particular firmware could you suggest.  

If i switched to .15E, volume will be low, .15A with radio,

Please help 

@devcruz wrote:

Please help. I have Sansa clip+ with v01.02.15P.

I don’t need the radio function, but i want my player to have volume high option (same as im having now).

what particular firmware could you suggest.  

If i switched to .15E, volume will be low, .15A with radio,

Please help 

Just ‘Reset Factory Settings’ option in System settings.  Choose Rest of World (if you’re not in the US) or North America. Europe is the setting that has the volume restriction on it.

Does the Rest of World option no radio? im planning to use it while on airplane.  What i really wanted is:

1.No radio/or slot radio (if it willl also be restricted in airplanes)

2.Volume high (or just the same the one that im having today)

My current version is v01.02.15P

Some versions do, some don’t.  

As best I know, what you can do is go to the SanDisk Clip forum at anythingbutipod.com and use the firmware guide there to manually change the letter in the firmware bin file name, which serves as a switch as to firmware options–radio, no radio, high volume, low volume, etc.

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25408

Famous for short wedding dresses, beach wedding events popularized this kind of wear. Girls who have a bulky or large frame also look decent and present a very elegant pose with these short gowns. They are introduced as new range line but epidemically raising its popularity due to its alluring fashion statement. You can try variant in colors of your short wedding dresses as mostly beach wedding showcases colorful views. One thing that you should always check before walking down the aisle in your short wedding dresses is that it is not hampering your image. Being presentable is one thing but to let go for enjoyment can be a little extravagant affair with redundant nature of dramatic views.

[url=http://www.honeydress.com]wedding Gowns[/url]
[url=http://www.honeydress.com]cheap wedding dresses[/url]
[url=http://www.honeydress.com]wedding dresses[/url]

Will the firmware update reset my Clip+ or will all the files remain on it?

@tanya12 wrote:

Will the firmware update reset my Clip+ or will all the files remain on it?

Only formatting will erase the user-added content; updatiing the firmware won’t affect the files.

So what’s the deal with mine? SHould I RMA it? Take a look at my problem and tell me that this is not a firmware-related issue.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Sansa-Clip-doesn-t-turn-one-and-won-t-be-recognised-by-computer/td-p/272615

Please don’t change the Subject line of an existing thread when it pertains to a particular firmware version. This could confuse many, many people for years to come! :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

Please don’t change the Subject line of an existing thread when it pertains to a particular firmware version. This could confuse many, many people for years to come! :wink:

Ok sorry about that. :frowning:

@silvershot wrote:

Ok sorry about that. :frowning:

Responded in the other thread–time to call in SanDisk Customer Service, me thinks . . . .

I have totally messed up my Sansa Clip+ while trying to install Rockbox. Is there any way to get a fresh new start with original firmware? Sansa Updater does not recognize the player anymore. I have tried to update manually, have copied clppa.bin to the root directory, but after unplugging the USB-cable nothing happens. When the cable is connected, there appears text “Bootloader USB mode”. When I disconnect it, it says “file not found” and “Plug USB cable”. And when I plug it, nothing happens… and so on.

Are you sure you have a Clip+? The Clip and Clip+ firmwares are not interchangeable. If you try to install the wrong one, it won’t do anything (just as you say happened with yours). Try manually installing the Clip firmware. 

Clip = round control button, Clip+ = rounded square control button. I do have Clip+ 8 Gb. But I repeat, the file system is totally messed up and I need a fresh new start. Is it possible or do I simply have to throw the poor thing to the recycle bin?

1 Like

@blip wrote:

I have totally messed up my Sansa Clip+ while trying to install Rockbox. Is there any way to get a fresh new start with original firmware? Sansa Updater does not recognize the player anymore. I have tried to update manually, have copied clppa.bin to the root directory, but after unplugging the USB-cable nothing happens. When the cable is connected, there appears text “Bootloader USB mode”. When I disconnect it, it says “file not found” and “Plug USB cable”. And when I plug it, nothing happens… and so on.

Sounds like Rockbox is still present on the player. Did you use the Rockbox Utility to install it? You can use the same thing to un-install (delete) it. After this, then you re-install (manually) the original firmware again to get rid of the RB bootloader that is patched into the firmware

@blip wrote:

Clip = round control button, Clip+ = rounded square control button. I do have Clip+ 8 Gb. But I repeat, the file system is totally messed up and I need a fresh new start. Is it possible or do I simply have to throw the poor thing to the recycle bin?

Your file system is fine, you just installed the bootloader without installing rockbox. Reboot into the Sandisk firmware (hold left I think while booting), then either copy a new unpatched Sandisk firmware (to uninstall the bootloader) or copy a .rockbox folder over (to install rockbox). FWIW, this is explained in the manual. Probably worth checking that out before you think about throwing your player away :wink:

Is the “firmware” simply clppa.bin, or does it (or should it) include something else?

Thanks for encouragement. Maybe the case isn’t lost yet.