Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.16

But chances are, it’s not the firmware causing your issues. You’ve got other problems.

@wtf124 wrote:

just updated my sansa clip mp3 after the player has been having some major issues i had to run chkdsk,defrag,and format my entire mp3 player then i updated to 01.02.16 and it doesnt ever want to turn on, when i disconnect it from a computer it freezes it freezes on the loading screen, it doesnt refresh my memorycard without freezing and  again it takes a long time to turn on like freakin 5minutes of me hold the button  im working on the issue now but its freakin annoying can i downgrade back to 01.02.15 again so i can listen to my music on my micro SD card

@miikerman wrote:

Yep, you can reinstall (downgrade to) the .15 firmware without any issue.

A firmware depository:  http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51524

But chances are, it’s not the firmware causing your issues. You’ve got other problems.

dat

Hi everyone,

I recently bought my Sansa Clip+ 4Gb and wanted to upade the firmware.

When i tried to do so using the Sansa Updater, there was no mention of an update from my 01.02.15 version.

Reading the sticky thread i see that there is a 01.02.16 version available.

So i downloaded the Manual Firmware using the provided link.

But when i unpack the zipped file, the only file that is in there is a clppa.bin file, nothing else.

I have read through the thread and i cannot find anything on what i encountered, or i just did not see it :wink:

In the instructions given there is mention of 2 files.

Do i drag that 1 file into my Sansa root, or is something wrong with the zipped file.

I have tried to download the file more than a few times, and everytime the only fil is there is the clppa.bin file.

I tried to change my Windows XP setting to sho all hidden files, but that too did not help, there is just one file in there.

In the folder group from my player only one file showed up that was hidden previously, and that was a DID.bin file.

Can anyone help get the correct file to update my player from 01.02.15 to 01.02.16?

And maybe give some other instructions?

Thanks much in advance.

Other than that i am enjoying my Clip+ very much!

@gromek wrote:

Reading the sticky thread i see that there is a 01.02.16 version available.

So i downloaded the Manual Firmware using the provided link.

But when i unpack the zipped file, the only file that is in there is a clppa.bin file, nothing else.

In the instructions given there is mention of 2 files.

The clppa.bin file is all there is; go ahead with your manual update. Although there is very little difference between the 15 & 16 versions, so don’t expect any earth-shattering changes. In fact, you won’t see any difference at all; it’s a very minor update and has nothing to do with the user interface or the operation.

Thanks for the info, i will do the update.

Best wishes for the new year to all!

Gromek :smileyvery-happy:

I agree with the expert above. I have just updated mine to the latest (2011) version and experienced no problems. My sansa clip model by the way is the 8GB one with radio. My OS  is the Windows 7

If I were you (…) I would format it again and update it via the Sansa updater (download the updater from Sandisk  website) then, once installed, ask it to look for updates.

This might take quite a while  but don’t worry. The updater will look and find it AND will install it al by itself.

It will even ask you to disconnect the device from your system. Once you do, the Sansa will install the new firmware (2011 vs.) after which it will switch off. All done!

I would make sure your sansa clip batteries are well charged before doing this stunt.

Yes! The updater does it all for you. No sweat.  .

I hope my feedback  will help you further.

:smiley: Good luck!

Even faster and easier than using the Sansa Updater–which consumes computer system resources, with its “always-on” state–is to manually apply the latest firmware upgrade, provided, with instructions (simple) as to how to do this, in the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.

hi did you fix the volume thing as i cant seem to find how to do it/. I installed lates firmware and volume is gone and it’s too low now :frowning: cant fix it. help!!!

@purple97 wrote:

hi did you fix the volume thing as i cant seem to find how to do it/. I installed lates firmware and volume is gone and it’s too low now :frowning: cant fix it. help!!!

Reset Factory Settings (in Settings > System Settings) and choose either North America or Rest of World as your ‘Region’ (after language option). If you select Europe your volume will be lower due to the EU restriction.

Please help. I have Sansa clip+ with v01.02.15P.

I don’t need the radio function, but i want my player to have volume high option (same as im having now).

what particular firmware could you suggest.  

If i switched to .15E, volume will be low, .15A with radio,

Please help 

@devcruz wrote:

Please help. I have Sansa clip+ with v01.02.15P.

I don’t need the radio function, but i want my player to have volume high option (same as im having now).

what particular firmware could you suggest.  

If i switched to .15E, volume will be low, .15A with radio,

Please help 

Just ‘Reset Factory Settings’ option in System settings.  Choose Rest of World (if you’re not in the US) or North America. Europe is the setting that has the volume restriction on it.

Does the Rest of World option no radio? im planning to use it while on airplane.  What i really wanted is:

1.No radio/or slot radio (if it willl also be restricted in airplanes)

2.Volume high (or just the same the one that im having today)

My current version is v01.02.15P

Some versions do, some don’t.  

As best I know, what you can do is go to the SanDisk Clip forum at anythingbutipod.com and use the firmware guide there to manually change the letter in the firmware bin file name, which serves as a switch as to firmware options–radio, no radio, high volume, low volume, etc.

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25408

Famous for short wedding dresses, beach wedding events popularized this kind of wear. Girls who have a bulky or large frame also look decent and present a very elegant pose with these short gowns. They are introduced as new range line but epidemically raising its popularity due to its alluring fashion statement. You can try variant in colors of your short wedding dresses as mostly beach wedding showcases colorful views. One thing that you should always check before walking down the aisle in your short wedding dresses is that it is not hampering your image. Being presentable is one thing but to let go for enjoyment can be a little extravagant affair with redundant nature of dramatic views.

[url=http://www.honeydress.com]wedding Gowns[/url]
[url=http://www.honeydress.com]cheap wedding dresses[/url]
[url=http://www.honeydress.com]wedding dresses[/url]

Will the firmware update reset my Clip+ or will all the files remain on it?

@tanya12 wrote:

Will the firmware update reset my Clip+ or will all the files remain on it?

Only formatting will erase the user-added content; updatiing the firmware won’t affect the files.

So what’s the deal with mine? SHould I RMA it? Take a look at my problem and tell me that this is not a firmware-related issue.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Sansa-Clip-doesn-t-turn-one-and-won-t-be-recognised-by-computer/td-p/272615

Please don’t change the Subject line of an existing thread when it pertains to a particular firmware version. This could confuse many, many people for years to come! :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

Please don’t change the Subject line of an existing thread when it pertains to a particular firmware version. This could confuse many, many people for years to come! :wink:

Ok sorry about that. :frowning: