Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.16

What are you using to charge it? Computer? Desktop or laptop? Front ports or back ports? Are they USB 2.0 ports? USB hub? AC-USB adaptor?

And what exactly do you mean by “and I can even use it a few days later, If Im not using it…” ?

I wonder if the battery gauge just is a bit wonky.  You might try running the battery all the way down, to reset the gauge (not recommended otherwise), and/or to reapply the latest firmware (see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum). 

Seems everything will be okay with my unit.Thanks.

Scanning some threads some of the reviews are so depressing.Hope this will be updated soon.Just concern. :wink:

@bryan88 wrote:

Scanning some threads some of the reviews are so depressing. Hope this will be updated soon. Just concern. :wink:

Don’t hold your breath. The Clip+ has just about reached the end of it’s (current) life-cycle and has very few problems. There won’t be any further firmware updates.

@bryan88 wrote:

Scanning some threads some of the reviews are so depressing.Hope this will be updated soon.Just concern. :wink:

You’re just reading (and posting in a lot of, it seems) threads about issues.  The vast majority of people have none, as the success of the Clips shows.

@tapeworm wrote:

Don’t hold your breath. The Clip+ has just about reached the end of it’s (current) life-cycle and has very few problems. There won’t be any further firmware updates.

Argh… Is this official information? That’d be depressing news.

It’d be a sign of bad customer care just to leave the “few problems” there and not to fix them all versus leave behind a well supported product. Since the real life-cycle of this kind of well-built electronic stuff is far more than a couple of years.

PS. The only way to get a somehow acceptable real world (moderate volume, quality mp3s or oggs) battery life (~7-8 hours) with my Clip+ is by using Rockbox. I can do this with original firmware by playing 128kpbs mp3’s with minimum volume.

edit: Correcting a mistake: I get the ~7-8 hours with Rockbox with maximum volume ie. when listening with stereo system or big speakers. On moderate volume it’s on the par with Clip+ advertising statement which was ~15 hours.

@anana wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Argh… Is this official information? That’d be depressing news.

Well its been over a year since the last official firmware release and the clip+ has been out for a while now.  Theres some players shipping with a newer firmware, but it looks like its just some minor release thats not being distributed to existing players.  

@anana wrote:

It’d be a sign of bad customer care just to leave the “few problems” there and not to fix them all

Heh, then good customer care would be impossible.  All firmware has bugs.  We’ve been releasing rockbox on some players for almost a decade now and we’re still doing bug fixes.  Your player (and you as well) will be dust long before the software is perfected.  

I bought a Clip+ and a 16Gb micro SD card for it, and crammed over 10,000 songs on it. However, the “Shuffle” play mode does not remove tracks as it plays them. Thus I end up skipping past the same tracks over and over. The result is that the shuffle feature is very annoying to use; but listening to the entire playlist un-shuffled is simply impractical. Please update the firmware so that songs are eliminated from the playlist as they are played or skipped. This way i’ll actually hear the other 9950 songs i have on my player. Currently it seems to play the same supposed “random” sequence of the same supposed “random” songs, which isn’t random at all. Even my old 1 gig iRiver mp3 player from 6 years ago had a better shuffle mode than Sandisk.

ahh ■■■■… If the post above about the clip+ being no longer supported is true, then i’ll be returning this player. just bought it. Shuffle play mode ■■■■■.

It’s unclear if updated firmware will come out in the future–it’s been a considerable time since the firmware was last updated and the Clip+ no longer is a youngster, as far as tech goes. But I’d hate to see you return the player over this. I guess you could create playlists of your music (although I don’t know how big such playlists could be–I’m not a playlist guy) and shuffle the playlist contents, and then transfer the shuffled playlists to the Clip, and play those. Unfortunately, not the ideal way.

I have a problem with my sansa clip+ which i purchased only two weeks ago

Under volume settings, i set it to low, and now the volume option under settings has vanished, and my volume is so low i can hardly hear it set on max.

I have tried updating, and the problem persists.

Please help!!

stueydoubleyou

Try a restore default (I believe) or reapplying the latest firmware (see the sticky thread at the top of the forum), during which you should be asked for your region–choose anything but Europe and a low volume/high volume option should reappear under the player’s settings for you.

@stueydoubleyou wrote:

I have a problem with my sansa clip+ which i purchased only two weeks ago

Under volume settings, i set it to low, and now the volume option under settings has vanished, and my volume is so low i can hardly hear it set on max.

I have tried updating, and the problem persists.

Please help!!

stueydoubleyou

I’ll bet you live in Europe and you set the region accordingly, either the first time you started up the player or during an update. If I’m correct in that, there’s nothing wrong with your Clip. In fact, EU regulation limits the volume of this kind of device, and Sandisk removed the “High” volume setting from EU players. There’s a simple workaround, though. Simply go into the Settings>System Settings menu and choose Reset Factory Settings. Then choose something OTHER than Europe as your region and the High option will return.

hi, my sansa clip + has very small volume, can any of U tell me wtah i must to do please help me

@zura_tomashvili wrote:

hi, my sansa clip + has very small volume, can any of U tell me wtah i must to do please help me

Do you live in Europe? Read this.

htank u a lot of for halp 

@zura_tomashvili wrote:

You also can read the post directly above yours . . . .

Read before posting? Madness. MADNESS, I say!

For those who haven’t noticed yet, this thread has been updated yesterday to version 01.02.16