Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.09

Hello EU and the Nanny state. Are you sure TB didn’t get his place as the new EU president (By TB I’m refering to Tony, not the disease…)?

Any who, if I do decide to by one of these once the price has dropped (I ain’t paying full price until they fix the appalling power drop when decoding Vorbis - ffmpeg’s decoder works on par with mp3 on mobile devices, so there is no reason why your decoder can’t be made more efficient if not as good, if nothing else make it clear on the specs that Vorbis playback is only a light hearted joke).

Yes, I’m bitter. It’s a fantastic MP3 player, but I payed for a Vorbis player with ~15 hours battery (would have settled for 11+) not 4 - 5 hours playback.

My complaint is with management and marketing (Sandisk, please don’t feel singled out, I mean in general), not the engineering team. I’m guessing you don’t have enough time to finish the product before it’s on the shelves, you must work 12 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week (or else get treated like ■■■■) and if anyone flags up an error they have just spotted with the device it is clearly their fault the error is there in the first place (despite the product having finished all prototyping before you joined the company). Oh, and are informed that taking time off when ill will see you out of a job.

I’ve digressed,  it looks like most of the world (excluding Japan) use 88 - 108 MHz for FM broadcast, can this be confirmed for the USA please, as I’m not too pleased with the concept of restricted volume.

Also, Sandisk, have you been able to confirm the out of calibration battery indicator problem please? If so, is there an expected fix at some point in the future (no I’ll not hold you to the answer of yes, I’m not into binding contracts when people are just trying to supply information).