Highlighted

Re: Sansa Clip Firmware For Hardware Revision 1.0

lol yea you're probably right. I get carried away sometimes. Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

I am experiencing the same problem as redcow. The firmware update went smoothly, but when I turn on the device, no music is available - everything shows empty: albums, songs, artists, etc. When connected to my computer, the music is there, but not on the Clip. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I've never had this happen when updating firmware before. Help!

Highlighted
SanDisk User

This is usually caused by a switch between MTP and MSC modes.  Try changing the USB mode in the settings and connecting in the other mode.
Highlighted

Thanks rdow! The clip is now back to normal and I think switching modes from auto detect to another mode and back again did the trick although I'm not 100% sure as I alos tried several other things, all before getting your post. I'd be interested to hear if switching modes worked for the other guy with the same problem. Thanks again.
Highlighted

Thanks! My Clip is back to normal too! I also tried several things before getting this post, but I know that one of them was switching from auto detect to another mode and back again. I'll bet that's what did the trick.
Highlighted

What about the folder support. I hoped it will come in this version.
Seems to me very simple, just add it to the Music menu: Artists, Albums .... Folders
I think it is very important. Sometimes I collect single songs from different artists
and put them in a folder. Since I use MSC mode I don't want to create a playlist
and the only way to play them in a sequence is by Folder support.
This is the way it is done in the cheapest players around and something I am used to
from previous players.
Uri
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I would like to be proved wrong, but find it unlikely that folders will be coming to the Clip.  SanDisk just seems to dislike them, even though they are a basic, simple, universal technology.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@uri wrote:
What about the folder support. I hoped it will come in this version.
This is the way it is done in the cheapest players around and something I am used to
from previous players.
Uri

Note that I am not endorsing nor condemning this function. I am perfectly happy & comfortable with the tag-reading that the Sansas do, but I understand that there are a lot of people that want this option.

Maybe SanDisk wants to distance themselves from the players that you describe for the very reason that you state.

Just a thought.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

In 01.01.30A version of firmware, pressing DOWN key while playing an AudioBook brings up a menu, one of whose entries allows you to "Delete Book". This only deletes a single sound file, not the whole book, but it is a bit confusing. It is especially so when you are playing the book with Ch. Mode turned on, in which case you are conceptually playing an individual "chapter" and expect "Delete Book" to delete the whole collection of chapters, not just the single chapter you are playing.
Highlighted

Upgrade was easy and works well. Looking forward to using FLAC.