Sansa Clip Firmware For Hardware Revision 1.0

@giltic wrote:
I think adding folder browsing to firmware is a piece of cake and costs nothing - all cheap players has it.

Obviously it isn’t, or SanDisk would have done it already. Or are you trying to agree with my previous thought, that ALL ‘cheap’ players have it, therefore they don’t want their players to be perceived as cheap, so they elected to copy the infamous I-pod and go with tag-based browsing? Do ALL high-end and/or better quality players have folder browsing? No. Why? It’s up to the manufacturer which way they want to go, along with thousands of other decisons they must make during the design and planning stages of a new product. And unfortunately, they didn’t ask for your opinion when they made this decision.

All of SanDisk’s players are tag-based; none have folder browsing. There has to be a reason for that. SanDisk might feel that the ‘future’ is in tag-based browsing; that folder-browsing is 'old-‘school’. It may be a RAM limitation in the firmware. Maybe they’ve done thiier market-research and have it on good authority that the majority of potential users and/or owners actually prefer sorting by Artists, Albums, Genres, etc.?

Whatever the reason; that’s just the way it is. You buy a product and you enjoy it, or you learn to enjoy it, or you learn to live with it, or you get another one that makes you happier. No one is forcing you to own a Sansa. If you want folder-browsing, you yourself have said that plenty of players have it. Why don’t you just get one of those? Because for all it’s faults (and there are **bleep** few of them) it’s still the best sounding, best-built, and best value for the money! Right? If it’s not (in your opinion), then good luck on your next one. I hope you’ll be happy!