Sansa Clip Firmware For Hardware Revision 1.0

I did the update and it says version is 01.01.30F not 01.01.20A as it says in the instructions.

EDIT: just so you know, updating the fw deletes you Custom EQ settings so write them down before you upgrade!

Message Edited by ackers on 10-03-2008 12:39 PM

Where do you see .20?  What instructions?

Upgrading also loses your audiobook bookmarks

Ohh yes ! :smiley: First good thing, that happened at Friday :wink: Everything is working great, now I’ve got to convert my Audio CD’s to FLAC :slight_smile:

Found one “Bug Fix” I hate:

All Audiobooks should show 1/1 if Chapter Mode is OFF 

What is the logic here?  I liked it showing me I was on file 17 of the 27 that make up the book, gave me a good sense of where I was in the book made up of multiple files.  Now to get that back I have to switch to chapter mode where an accidental hit of the FF/RW buttons will skip me to another file?

Please change this feature back! 

Ok, I have the firmware installed… Now let’s see how the battery life is. There’s no mention of any changes to the meter, so I guess nothing was done about that? I’m surprised & disappointed, since I had proven TWICE that adjusting the meter effects the battery life.

Rdow,

No worries if you accidentally skip to another file,  you can skip back and your place will be remembered.

Sorry for that.

Sansafix, thanks for the info. That will help. I’ll try it out for awhile and see how it goes. And thanks for the continuing firmware updates.

oooww, I hoped there were a new feature like fast playing speed for all the song, that’s too funny :frowning:

@sansame wrote:
Where do you see .20?  What instructions?

Oops sorry I meant .30A.

In the instructions it says to check fw version go to settings and it should say .30A but I did that and mine says .30F ?

there are 3 different versions of the firmware. did you download and install the americas firmware? f is European firmware with fm radio a is for america. 

Message Edited by drlucky on 10-03-2008 05:26 PM

@drlucky wrote:
there are 3 different versions of the firmware. did you download and install the americas firmware? f is European firmware with fm radio a is for america. 
Message Edited by drlucky on 10-03-2008 05:26 PM

I checked the links . . . they seemed to all be pointing to the correct versions.

also the volume setting is set back 2 normal.

Thanks for the continuous improvement, the most important is that you never stop doing it. This is my reaction so far (to the features I care of): 

-Happy for the FLAC decoder support, I’m not planning to convert my CDs to that, but sometimes I get tracks or samples on flac, is nice not having to convert to try

• I like the new startup and shutoff images, more elegant and simple. But maybe my kids not…

• Nice you Improved the time to rebuild the metadata, it means shorter refresh?

• Improved M3U playlist support, could you explain more to try it?

• Nice Sorting Podcast contents which do not have their track number ID3 tag information

• Great that you made OGG file Tags case sensitive

• Happy that you solve the noise problem on voice recording, I never complain here but I experienced that.

Ok, I expect that you include gapless playing someday, but as I said what’s important is that you’re always working to improve the product. Thanks again.

I actually liked the ‘Hello’ and ‘Good bye’ start-ups and shutdowns better than the ones we have now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish there was a fix for the shuffle algorithm though because it is really not good… :frowning:

@rdow wrote:
Upgrading also loses your audiobook bookmarks

Does this mean that you don’t lose the audiobooks themselves?  And you don’t lose music?  I had assumed the firmware upgrade would wipe the Clip’s content, no?

No, the bookmarking data only.  This is part of the file generated when shutting down, which contains data on your last operations.  This file gets rewritten when firmware is applied.

Your media (books, music, etc) will all still be there.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks much, neutron_bob.  I wanted to upgrade, but had several DRM’d audiobooks that I didn’t want to lose.  This is great news, thanks Sandisk.

What is that shape/logo that comes on at the start after the word “sansa” is displayed?  Also shows up briefly before the “goodbye”.

Thanks for the new firmware, several things I like!

However, the Windows Media Player ratings are still off by mostly 1 star :frowning:

Again, this happens on the 2 different clips(my friend and mine), on I think I’ve tried 4 or 5 PC’s with varying versions of WMP, XP, Vista, Win2k, etc.