Sansa Clip Firmware For Hardware Revision 1.0

I’m having the same problem as cynfool. When I run the Auto-updater, I’m getting an error 1003. Anyone know what’s up?

It really just is so much easier to manually update, rather than use the autoupdater (which sits on your computer comsuming resources).  Just unzip and drag 'n drop …

you might want to add this step for new clip users who have bought a ver1 firmware device that does not have usb mode in the system folder, took me a while to find, but would of been heaps easier if it was in the instructions found in the sticky

posted by haldox:

OK, finally found an answer!! Thank you people!! This has been so aggravating.

I already have all the requirements for the Clip, since my daughter has had it for almost a year now. Had no problems in the past and honestly cant tell you how this thing got into MTP mode.

Went through all the troubleshooting , trying to update(which update kept telling it couldnt update because it was in MTP mode???hmmm), tried putting into MSC mode(couldnt do that because my computer didnt recognize it at all and since my computer couldnt recognize it, then I couldnt install the firmware update!!) also this clip bought in 2007 didnt have any thing to switch from MTP mode back to MSC mode in the settings.

SO I did as what some of you instructed us to do: turned off clip, put in hold and held down the center button while PLUGGING it in to my USB. Computer recognized it again!!!

AFter that I was able to install the update , but after that I had unplugged the clip from the computer and plugged it back in, computer didnt recognize it …AGAIN!!!

So then I went into the settings on the CLIP and found USB connections(which I didnt have before the firmware update) and it had went back to auto detect mode(dont know why it wont auto detect , but at least its working),  now I could switch it back to MSC mode!!! And its staying there.

My computer recognizes it just fine now!!  It stays in MSC mode.

Dont know if that will help anybody , but I am thankful and wanted to share my happiness. Thank you

Hey guys, i have 1 idea - what if sansadevs will learn the Clip to record sound in ogg format.

As all we knew, it already has ogg codec

It would be the next win in a war with iPoo (i mean iPod)

Message Edited by feromon on 01-12-2009 03:29 PM

Message Edited by feromon on 01-12-2009 03:30 PM

OGG encoding is much more complex and power hungry than OGG decoding.  Nice Idea though.

When will the next firmware be released? What changes can we expect?

Hi,   

Unfortunately I have to say that the latest firmware version is a big step back for me. Disabling skipping between chapters/episodes using the RW/FF buttons for audiobooks and podcasts was a great feature. Now it kind of works fine for audiobooks (as was pointed out in this thread, I can just go back to the previous chapter if I accidentally skip forward and it resumes from where it left off) but there are mp3 where resume does not work (some of the podcasts I listen to).  

Do you think it’s something that could be brought back, maybe as one option in settings?

Thanks, 

Martin Jelen  

Being able to turn off chapter skipping would be a great feature.  My clip frequently jumps to the previous file when I try to rewind back within the podcast.

The Podcasts category should be up one level and not under Music.

hi all,my sansa is 01.01.18f.i cant download sansa updater.plz upload this file on other  site and give me link. also i need download link frimware 01.01.18f and latest frimware for my sansa.

THX

with my best regards

I have noticed a bug with the FF/RW feature on audiobooks with chapter mode OFF.  When the non-audible book (WMA) is paused a single press of FF or RW does not move between chapters as expected, but if you hold down FF or RW then the Clip starts to cycle through the chapters (files). So if you paused a book, remembered you didn’t hear the last bit and forget to start it playing before holding down the RW then you are going to end up playing some virtually random part of the book.

There have also been other cases where it seems to skip chapters when just doing a regular RW while playing but it is very infrequent and I haven’t been able to determine how to reproduce the behaviour. 

hi finally i can downloaded sansa updater but when i install it show error :Installation failed ,pleas try again.

how fix it , internet is ok.  ,how update sansa clip frimware? it is possible update manually ?

how backup from recently my frimwrae(01.01.18 F)or plz give download link so it’s may use 01.01.18 f after update.

THX sorry for bad english

Answered in your other post in the Updater board too . . .

You can manually update the firmware. The Updater is not needed. The post with the link to it and instructions are here.

It’s easy. I’m sure you can do it. :smiley:

Tip: It’s confusing when you post multiple copies of the same request in different places. Try to just stick with one, OK?

Answered in your other post in the Updater board too . . .

You can manually update the firmware. The Updater is not needed. The post with the link to it and instructions are here.

It’s easy. I’m sure you can do it. :smiley:

Tip: It’s confusing when you post multiple copies of the same request in different places. Try to just stick with one, OK?

hi tom, finally i have upgrade sansa from 1.01.18 F up to 1.01.30F,but i feeling sound is weak by 1.1.30F! and noise has on voice recorder unfurtunatlly. so i need 1.01.18 F for rollback my sansa . please give me 1.01.18 F. With my best regards.

My Meter says my battery if fully charged, yet unless it’s plugged in to a USB power source it’s DOA.  You say you had ‘proven TWICE that adjusting the meter effects the battery life.’  Sounds like my problem.  How do I adjust the meter?

Yes, I had proven twice that adjusting the meter effects the battery life. But it’s firmware related, there’s nothing you can do about it yourself. However, I think you might have a defective unit. If not, maybe someone here can help.

@bigmo wrote:

My Meter says my battery if fully charged, yet unless it’s plugged in to a USB power source it’s DOA.  You say you had ‘proven TWICE that adjusting the meter effects the battery life.’  Sounds like my problem.  How do I adjust the meter?

where do i find the root directory on my computer of the clip?

The root directory is the top-most level of the Clip, the level that has the Music, Podcasts, Audiobooks, etc. folders.  If you click on the Clip’s icon/drive letter on your computer, that should bring you to the root level.

hello

i recented sell my Ipod because I don’t want to use any tipe of software, but just drag and drop my mp3 on a portable mp3 player …

I buyed a Sana Clip 8Gb and I’m quite happy with the quality of the audio … but I’m very disappointed of the navigation menu …

when do you think to add a File/Folder browsing like you did in Sansa Fuze?

when will be out the next firmware? It’s something that you will improve soon? or just wait whitout date …

best regards

Oh, you want to visit this thread

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=8587

we’ve been talking about folders for quite some time.  Right now there is no word on whether the Clip will get a firmware update with folder support, even though the latest firmware for the Fuze has folder support now.