Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

Does anyone actually read the posts directly above where they are posting a comment (which, as seen above, actually can already answer the issue, repeatedly)?!?   :wink:

@miikerman wrote:

Does anyone actually read the posts directly above where they are posting a comment (which, as seen above, actually can already answer the issue, repeatedly)?!?   :wink:

Nope.:wink:

@miikerman wrote:

Apparently not.

@miikerman wrote:

Does anyone actually read the posts directly above where they are posting a comment (which, as seen above, actually can already answer the issue, repeatedly)?!?  

Apparently not.

You’re right it works now. Thanks a lot.

Gio

I currently have Sansa Clip 2Gb with firmware v02.01.32F. Would I gain anything by upgrading to 02.01.35 ? Are there any major changes from 32 to 35?

Read the first post in the topic. It tells exactly what changes were made.

@gwk1967 wrote:

Read the first post in the topic. It tells exactly what changes were made.

Ohh… so there were no 33 or 34 versions between 32 and 35? :dizzy_face:

It says there are no enhancements and the bug fixes don’t seem that big for my needs… I think I’m gonna play it safe and not upgrade right now…

@stifler wrote:

Ohh… so there were no 33 or 34 versions between 32 and 35? :dizzy_face:

Correct. It’s pretty common for there to be “skipped” releases. .33 and/or .34 may have been in development internally, but no one outside Sandisk ever saw them. Perhaps before they could be completed, changes were made (additional bugs fixed, features added/dropped) that warranted incrementing the version number.

@stifler wrote:

It says there are no enhancements and the bug fixes don’t seem that big for my needs… I think I’m gonna play it safe and not upgrade right now…

You don’t think having these things fixed is worth an upgrade?

o   Chirp at end of mp3 file.

o   Volume is increased to the maximum when FF or RW key is pressed with volume operation simultaneously.

o   Device hangs in sequential operations of FM resume and channel search.

The other fixes have to do with foreign language errors and OGG & FLAC issues, so I can see if you don’t use those formats or languages that it wouldn’t be important to you. But the 3 things listed above are pretty basic to the operation and/or enjoyment of any mp3 player and I can’t see why you wouldn’t want them.

It’s up to you of course, but then if you enjoy having your ear drums blasted out by accidentally pressing the buttons the wrong way or hearing a chirp at the end of your songs or having to reset and restart when listening to the FM radio by all means don’t spend the 5 minutes it takes to upgrade the firmware. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

@stifler wrote:

You don’t think having these things fixed is worth an upgrade?

o   Chirp at end of mp3 file.

o   Volume is increased to the maximum when FF or RW key is pressed with volume operation simultaneously.

o   Device hangs in sequential operations of FM resume and channel search.

The other fixes have to do with foreign language errors and OGG & FLAC issues, so I can see if you don’t use those formats or languages that it wouldn’t be important to you. But the 3 things listed above are pretty basic to the operation and/or enjoyment of any mp3 player and I can’t see why you wouldn’t want them.

It’s up to you of course, but then if you enjoy having your ear drums blasted out by accidentally pressing the buttons the wrong way or hearing a chirp at the end of your songs or having to reset and restart when listening to the FM radio by all means don’t spend the 5 minutes it takes to upgrade the firmware. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well now that you put it that way, I’ll upgrade… I just hope it goes smoothly again without any problems.

Done… without errors. :slight_smile:

Good to hear!   :)   And see: easy to do, so no real reason not to.

I have a problem! After installing the latest firmware, all the music mute, so that even at maximum volume is almost nothing to hear. For outdoor use is now nearly useless (unless you’re in the middle of a silent forest). What should I do - please help!

@frys wrote:

I have a problem! After installing the latest firmware, all the music mute, so that even at maximum volume is almost nothing to hear. For outdoor use is now nearly useless (unless you’re in the middle of a silent forest). What should I do - please help!

Read this thread.

Hello.

new to the forums and am trying to update my firmware.

followed the instructions to a tee & attempted on both PC and MAC. 

once i drop the bin file into the root directory of my clipp—if I leave & return in 1/2 an hour, assuming that it will have shut down and restarted again—I check the settings and still find the older version of the firmware installed.

What am I missing here.  The firmware is clearly not updating. 

Is anyone else having this issue?

Many Thanks.

C

@clippuser wrote:

. . . followed the instructions to a tee & attempted on both PC and MAC. 

once i drop the bin file into the root directory of my clipp—if I leave & return in 1/2 an hour, assuming that it will have shut down and restarted again—I check the settings and still find the older version of the firmware installed.

1.) Are you disconnecting your Clip from the computer after inserting the firmware file into the root directory?

2.) What version of firmware does your player show it has on it? Many people are under the mistaken notion that they can (or should) upgrade from 01.XX.XX version firmware to 02.XX.XX. This is impossible. There are 2 different firmware versions for 2 different hardware versions. That’s what the 01 or 02 designate. You can’t change a v1 to a v2.

This is what I wanted to know about my clip,im trying to finish it right now.thanks.

I just want to know if this item is upgraded by now?Thanks.

Is this issue been answered by Sandisk?Upon reading all the response they are so depress with Sandisk.