Reply
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 8,152
Registered: ‎12-11-2007

Re: Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

Does anyone actually read the posts directly above where they are posting a comment (which, as seen above, actually can already answer the issue, repeatedly)?!?   Smiley Wink

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

 


@Miikerman wrote:

Does anyone actually read the posts directly above where they are posting a comment (which, as seen above, actually can already answer the issue, repeatedly)?!?   Smiley Wink


Nope.Smiley Wink

 

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,317
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release


@Miikerman wrote:

Does anyone actually read the posts directly above where they are posting a comment (which, as seen above, actually can already answer the issue, repeatedly)?!?   :smileywink:


Apparently not.

 

Highlighted
Gio
Newbie
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎02-02-2011

Re: Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

You're right it works now. Thanks a lot.

 

Gio

Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎06-29-2009

Re: Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

I currently have Sansa Clip 2Gb with firmware v02.01.32F. Would I gain anything by upgrading to 02.01.35 ? Are there any major changes from 32 to 35?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,460
Registered: ‎12-27-2008

Re: Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

Read the first post in the topic. It tells exactly what changes were made.

Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎06-29-2009

Re: Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release


@gwk1967 wrote:

Read the first post in the topic. It tells exactly what changes were made.


Ohh... so there were no 33 or 34 versions between 32 and 35? Smiley Surprised

 

It says there are no enhancements and the bug fixes don't seem that big for my needs... I think I'm gonna play it safe and not upgrade right now...

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,460
Registered: ‎12-27-2008

Re: Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release


@Stifler wrote:

 

Ohh... so there were no 33 or 34 versions between 32 and 35? Smiley Surprised

 


Correct. It's pretty common for there to be "skipped" releases. .33 and/or .34 may have been in development internally, but no one outside Sandisk ever saw them. Perhaps before they could be completed, changes were made (additional bugs fixed, features added/dropped) that warranted incrementing the version number.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,317
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

[ Edited ]

@Stifler wrote:

It says there are no enhancements and the bug fixes don't seem that big for my needs... I think I'm gonna play it safe and not upgrade right now...


You don't think having these things fixed is worth an upgrade?

 

o   Chirp at end of mp3 file.


o   Volume is increased to the maximum when FF or RW key is pressed with volume operation simultaneously.


o   Device hangs in sequential operations of FM resume and channel search.

 

The other fixes have to do with foreign language errors and OGG & FLAC issues, so I can see if you don't use those formats or languages that it wouldn't be important to you. But the 3 things listed above are pretty basic to the operation and/or enjoyment of any mp3 player and I can't see why you wouldn't want them.

 

It's up to you of course, but then if you enjoy having your ear drums blasted out by accidentally pressing the buttons the wrong way or hearing a chirp at the end of your songs or having to reset and restart when listening to the FM radio by all means don't spend the 5 minutes it takes to upgrade the firmware. Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎06-29-2009

Re: Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release


@Tapeworm wrote:

@Stifler wrote:

It says there are no enhancements and the bug fixes don't seem that big for my needs... I think I'm gonna play it safe and not upgrade right now...


You don't think having these things fixed is worth an upgrade?

 

o   Chirp at end of mp3 file.


o   Volume is increased to the maximum when FF or RW key is pressed with volume operation simultaneously.


o   Device hangs in sequential operations of FM resume and channel search.

 

The other fixes have to do with foreign language errors and OGG & FLAC issues, so I can see if you don't use those formats or languages that it wouldn't be important to you. But the 3 things listed above are pretty basic to the operation and/or enjoyment of any mp3 player and I can't see why you wouldn't want them.

 

It's up to you of course, but then if you enjoy having your ear drums blasted out by accidentally pressing the buttons the wrong way or hearing a chirp at the end of your songs or having to reset and restart when listening to the FM radio by all means don't spend the 5 minutes it takes to upgrade the firmware. Smiley Tongue


Well now that you put it that way, I'll upgrade... I just hope it goes smoothly again without any problems.