Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

To get it back, choose Reset under the settings and choose N America or Rest of World as the region.  The volume setting then should be back.  Or reapply the firmware and choose similarly. 

thanks for that but how do i re apply it?

Milkerman

Yep!  The format that the cd’s we’re converted to in import was the problem.  I finally figured that out as well.  It was, as you state time consuming.  Nice to know that you were one step behind me with the correct answer.

Unfortunately, my car, unlike my truck does not have an mp3 player so I had to cut a cd for it.  I did have my suspicions however, that it wouldn’t be that easy.  I was right.  cutting the cd in mp3 format didn’t work.  I had to convert the songs that I wanted to burn on the cd back to the original format that it was initially converted too.  That worked fine.  It was quite noticeable that the files were much much larger in that format.  

Thanks again for hanging in there with me.  Much appreciated.

Oki_al

@rachel_78 wrote:

hi,can someone tell me why when i updated my sansa clip to 02.01.35 it took of the volume adjuster on the settings page?as i now cant even hear the music at full volume.:womansad:

This ‘sticky’ post (at the top of the board shaded gray so everyone and anyone can & should find it and read it) provides not only the reason, but also the workaround. :wink:

@rachel_78 wrote:

thanks for that but how do i re apply it?

As mentioned above, you simply can Reset the Clip under its settings option.  But to reapply the firmware, just follow the instructions in the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.

I’ve just updated my sansa clip to the latest firmware and an important feature I missed is the volume boost that I had available with the originally loaded firmware.

Would it be possible to turn it on somehow or to get the feature back in place?

Ciao Gio

you probably selected Europe as your region. there is EU law limiting the volume level to 100db. go to settings and select reset all. then for region select rest of world. you will now have the high volume setting. 

Does anyone actually read the posts directly above where they are posting a comment (which, as seen above, actually can already answer the issue, repeatedly)?!?   :wink:

@miikerman wrote:

Does anyone actually read the posts directly above where they are posting a comment (which, as seen above, actually can already answer the issue, repeatedly)?!?   :wink:

Nope.:wink:

@miikerman wrote:

Apparently not.

@miikerman wrote:

Does anyone actually read the posts directly above where they are posting a comment (which, as seen above, actually can already answer the issue, repeatedly)?!?  

Apparently not.

You’re right it works now. Thanks a lot.

Gio

I currently have Sansa Clip 2Gb with firmware v02.01.32F. Would I gain anything by upgrading to 02.01.35 ? Are there any major changes from 32 to 35?

Read the first post in the topic. It tells exactly what changes were made.

@gwk1967 wrote:

Read the first post in the topic. It tells exactly what changes were made.

Ohh… so there were no 33 or 34 versions between 32 and 35? :dizzy_face:

It says there are no enhancements and the bug fixes don’t seem that big for my needs… I think I’m gonna play it safe and not upgrade right now…

@stifler wrote:

Ohh… so there were no 33 or 34 versions between 32 and 35? :dizzy_face:

Correct. It’s pretty common for there to be “skipped” releases. .33 and/or .34 may have been in development internally, but no one outside Sandisk ever saw them. Perhaps before they could be completed, changes were made (additional bugs fixed, features added/dropped) that warranted incrementing the version number.

@stifler wrote:

It says there are no enhancements and the bug fixes don’t seem that big for my needs… I think I’m gonna play it safe and not upgrade right now…

You don’t think having these things fixed is worth an upgrade?

o   Chirp at end of mp3 file.

o   Volume is increased to the maximum when FF or RW key is pressed with volume operation simultaneously.

o   Device hangs in sequential operations of FM resume and channel search.

The other fixes have to do with foreign language errors and OGG & FLAC issues, so I can see if you don’t use those formats or languages that it wouldn’t be important to you. But the 3 things listed above are pretty basic to the operation and/or enjoyment of any mp3 player and I can’t see why you wouldn’t want them.

It’s up to you of course, but then if you enjoy having your ear drums blasted out by accidentally pressing the buttons the wrong way or hearing a chirp at the end of your songs or having to reset and restart when listening to the FM radio by all means don’t spend the 5 minutes it takes to upgrade the firmware. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

@stifler wrote:

You don’t think having these things fixed is worth an upgrade?

o   Chirp at end of mp3 file.

o   Volume is increased to the maximum when FF or RW key is pressed with volume operation simultaneously.

o   Device hangs in sequential operations of FM resume and channel search.

The other fixes have to do with foreign language errors and OGG & FLAC issues, so I can see if you don’t use those formats or languages that it wouldn’t be important to you. But the 3 things listed above are pretty basic to the operation and/or enjoyment of any mp3 player and I can’t see why you wouldn’t want them.

It’s up to you of course, but then if you enjoy having your ear drums blasted out by accidentally pressing the buttons the wrong way or hearing a chirp at the end of your songs or having to reset and restart when listening to the FM radio by all means don’t spend the 5 minutes it takes to upgrade the firmware. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well now that you put it that way, I’ll upgrade… I just hope it goes smoothly again without any problems.

Done… without errors. :slight_smile:

Good to hear!   :)   And see: easy to do, so no real reason not to.