Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

Well, I’m happy to report that it came back alive.  Why iit went dormant on me is a mystery.  On my final try before chucking it into the trash, it went on, with the notice that the battery was extremely low and needed recharging.  I really don’t know why that was because in all my efforts to get it going, it was charging most of the tiime!  Anyhow, that’s neither here or there.  It burped like most things do and is up and running now.

That is a qualified up and running.  It took the update on fiirmware and I went a step further and recorded a voice recording of myself and it recorded, it played and it deleted when I took that action.  But, regardless of telling me that it is reading and writing music, when I try to access the music that I -dragged and dropped, it reads empty!

My next attempt will be today.  I’m going to go to a friends house and see if I can drag and drop music from their Windows system computer.  I have a suspicion that having an IMAC may require  different settings on my clip?  Sort of leaving it in MTC, or the other choice?  It defaults to the auto detect so that shouldn’t be a problem.  

Most if all of my music are from CDs that I put in ITUNES.  Most of it was recorded unto the clip previously.  I only attempted to load the music because I reformatted the unit.  So, the procedure was 1/ I had a problem loading music. 2/ I reformatted the clip. 3/  I loaded the new firmware update ( with much ajata) but finally got it. 4/ Attempted to drag and drop music. 5/ Unit displayed reading and writing (assumed successful download). 6/ Accessed music to play and empty notice displayed. 7/ Recorded my voice and it worked.  

If for any reason the instructions were deficient, please advise.  I’ll be trying a Windows system today to disprove my theory about it being a problem because of an apple computer.  That won’t solve my problem because all of my music is on my computer but, it may provide an answer.