Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

@miikerman wrote:
Hard reset:  hold the on switch uppermost for 15-30 seconds.

That’s a soft reset.  I suppose the hard reset would be a format either via pc or the clip.

summerlove wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

That’s a soft reset.  I suppose the hard reset would be a format either via pc or the clip.

It’s just a reset. There really isn’t a hard or soft variety any more, especially with the newer players. In the case of the e200 series (and previous) players, a ‘soft’ reset was holding the power button down for 15 - 30 secs. Some stronger medicine, in the form of a ‘hard’ reset was possible with these players where they had a replaceable battery. Pull the back off, remove the battery and let the offending gobbledy-**bleep** dissipate from the memory stores by leaving the battery out for a few minutes. Re-install the battery, and now all the bad stuff has melted away leaving your precious Sansa player a veritablel virgin again.

With the newer players, non-replaceable batteries and sealed cases, a ‘hard’ reset is impossible, so there no need to differentiate between the two. :smiley:

summerlove wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

It’s just a reset. There really isn’t a hard or soft variety any more, especially with the newer players. In the case of the e200 series (and previous) players, a ‘soft’ reset was holding the power button down for 15 - 30 secs. Some stronger medicine, in the form of a ‘hard’ reset was possible with these players where they had a replaceable battery. Pull the back off, remove the battery and let the offending gobbledygook dissipate from the memory stores by leaving the battery out for a few minutes. Re-install the battery, and now all the bad stuff has melted away leaving your precious Sansa player a veritablel virgin again.

With the newer players, non-replaceable batteries and sealed cases, a ‘hard’ reset is impossible, so there no need to differentiate between the two. :smiley:

summerlove wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

It’s just a reset. There really isn’t a hard or soft variety any more, especially with the newer players. In the case of the e200 series (and previous) players, a ‘soft’ reset was holding the power button down for 15 - 30 secs. Some stronger medicine, in the form of a ‘hard’ reset was possible with these players where they had a replaceable battery. Pull the back off, remove the battery and let the offending gobbledygook dissipate from the memory stores by leaving the battery out for a few minutes. Re-install the battery, and now all the bad stuff has melted away leaving your precious Sansa player a veritable virgin again.

summerlove wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

It’s just a reset. There really isn’t a hard or soft variety any more, especially with the newer players. In the case of the e200 series (and previous) players, a ‘soft’ reset was holding the power button down for 15 - 30 secs. Some stronger medicine, in the form of a ‘hard’ reset was possible with these players where they had a replaceable battery. Pull the back off, remove the battery and let the offending gobbledygook dissipate from the memory stores by leaving the battery out for a few minutes. Re-install the battery, and now all the bad stuff has melted away leaving your precious Sansa player a veritable virgin again.

With the newer players, non-replaceable batteries and sealed cases, a ‘hard’ reset is impossible, so there’s simply no need to differentiate between the two. :smiley:

summerlove wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

With the newer players, non-replaceable batteries and sealed cases, a ‘hard’ reset is impossible, so there’s no need to differentiate between the two anymore. :smiley:

A hard reset is not necessarily taking the battery out.  Usually, for example, on cell phones, a specific combination of buttons will hard reset the device, restoring it to factory settings.  In the clip’s case that would be a format.

you need to go to the setting menu to reset to factory defaults 

I’d like to see ReplayGain on the v1’s, any chance there will be another update?

Didn’t people say here in the forums that the last firmware revision (last month) added Replaygain (and even though SanDisk hadn’t said anything about that)?

Miikerman wrote:
Didn’t people say here in the forums that the last firmware revision (last month) added Replaygain (and even though SanDisk hadn’t said anything about that)?

It seems to have been only on the V2 models.

@miikerman wrote:

My 8GB Clip (and I think the 8GB models were only v2 flavor) does indeed now have ReplayGain with the new firmware.  I can’t comment if v1 hardware does but I’ll take Marvin’s word that only v2 hardware does.

tnmats wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

My 8GB Clip (and I think the 8GB models were only v2 flavor) does indeed now have ReplayGain with the new firmware.  I can’t comment if v1 hardware does but I’ll take Marvin’s word that only v2 hardware does.

I wasn’t able to check for myself on the V1 hardware…that’s what people said over at ABI. I did see for myself the RG on my old V2 that I updated for its new owner.

Of course, it seems like everybody with a V1 has gone the Rockbox route anyways, so it probably doesn’t matter to them.

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Of course, it seems like everybody with a V1 has gone the Rockbox route anyways, so it probably doesn’t matter to them.

Am still holding out, for a finished and stable Rockbox build …

Miikerman wrote:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Am still holding out, for a finished and stable Rockbox build …

I don’t have an original Clip anymore, so it is irrelevant either way.:smiley:

So Replaygain options have been found in the ClipV2 version… but has anyone checked whether the stuff actually works? It doesn’t for me, at least. MP3s with ID3v1 + ID3v2.3 (UTF-16) here. I have tried adding the extra field that MediaMonkey writes, no change. The only thing that makes any difference is the pre gain setting.

keyb_gr wrote:
So Replaygain options have been found in the ClipV2 version… but has anyone checked whether the stuff actually works? It doesn’t for me, at least. MP3s with ID3v1 + ID3v2.3 (UTF-16) here. I have tried adding the extra field that MediaMonkey writes, no change. The only thing that makes any difference is the pre gain setting.

I haven’t found that the pregain setting makes a difference, either on this, or my Clip+…what RG does for me…

I analyzed my library’s track volume, not album volume. This way, when I listen on shuffle all mode, the volume is roughly equivalent with each song that comes up. 

I have not seen it but may have missed it - I have a 8Gb clip plus purchased late 2009 and was wondering what the latest firmware was for that.

Thanks,

Rich

@lecturerrich wrote:

I have not seen it but may have missed it - I have a 8Gb clip plus purchased late 2009 and was wondering what the latest firmware was for that.

Thanks,

Rich

The latest firmwares for all Clips (v1 or v2), regardless of capacity, are the ones in this topic.

NOTE: The newer Clip+ with additional features (most notably a microSD expansion slot), has its own firmware which can be found on the Clip+ board.

For getting back the volume gain, there are a very simple steps to do:

1. Settings -> Reset All -> Yes

2. Choose Language

3. Choose North America

To correct the FM frequency step for European users:

1. Settings -> FM Settings -> FM Region  -  Change from USA to WORLD.

Thats it. Enjoy Your Sansa.