Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

@czajunia wrote:

Not sure if I can’t find it after an upgrade or if it has been removed altogether. There was a very nice feature in a previous firmware I had (02.01.32) which allowed to boost the playback volume. After upgrading to .35 it looks this feature is gone but there is something called Replay Gain. I tried changing several settings around Replay Gain but it looks like MP3 playback is not affected. I am not even sure what Replay Gain is but I assume that it is suposed to adjust playback volume.

Any ideas how to make it work or shall just downgrade to a lower version. Without this feature it makes my Clip unusable anywhere outside my room :frowning:

Thanks a lot!

Message Edited by czajunia on 03-24-2010 06:35 AM

The MP3 files have to have Replay Gain data encoded in them for it to work.

Foobar 2000 can encode the files and is freeware.  You can find all kinds of information about Replay Gain on the web and how to use it.  And also make sure your location when the firmware update was done is set to the US settings.  If you chose Europe the volume will be lower, a LOT lower.  If you set it for Europe, reset your Clip and when you power up again be sure to pick “US”.  FM radio settings (luckily) are independent of the volume setting.