Sansa Clip 8GB $49 @ Wal-Mart

Saw this over at Head-Fi:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/deal-alert-sansa-clip-8gb-49-a-408972/

Check your local Wal-Marts.  This is a great deal.

All the best.

That is a great deal…equal to the 4GB price in many locations. I would like to go from a 2 to 4GB Clip this year, but if the deals like this are out there, who knows?

I got one after reading this thread. Awesome bargain.

Saturday, Feb 14th. walmart web site shows they have only 1 and 2 gb clips. Either they sold it out, or stores still have them. great deal though.

I’m going today to pick up a couple.   Good price,   wish me luck :slight_smile:

I’d love to pick one up, but my tax $$ hasn’t come yet:cry:

@stepk wrote:
Saturday, Feb 14th. walmart web site shows they have only 1 and 2 gb clips. Either they sold it out, or stores still have them. great deal though.

I don’t believe that the 8gb Clips ever have been sold at Walmart online–a store purchase.

And so I actually was in the neighborhood of my local Walmart this afternoon, on an errand.  And so I thought (always a danger sign), ok, I’ll just stop in to see if the store even has any stock left, and if they’re even on sale at this particular store.  What happened next is predictable: of the 3 left on sale at $49, now there’s only 2 …

:wink:

It really was just too hard to resist, upping my current 2gb Clip x 4, with it costing less than my 2gb Clip had cost originally.  Finally a cool price in the U.S.

Of course, Walmart might have an easier time selling these if the store actually listed the sales price where the Clips are locked up in a glass case; not only was the sales price not listed, but there was no visible tag showing the regular price.  But, it increases the chance of there still being sales inventory–thanks, Uncle Wally!

Thanks for the tip! Local store had a full hook of black players in old packaging tagged at $49. Cost me $42 and change after using a $10 promo gift card I got at work a year ago.

I’m glad to hear that you guys are snatching these up.  Enjoy those Clips!

All the best.

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 02-15-2009 08:28 PM

Bought one of these this mornng. Seemed like a really great deal. It’s my very first MP3 player and I haven’t a clue where to start. The connecton seems to be really different from all the other players. I would like a docking station/charger/speaker and a case or cover. Can someone tell me where to find compatible accessories?

Thanks Guys

Congrats on your first MP3 player!  The connection is a standard mini-B USB.  There a variety of wall and car chargers for this type of connection.  Type in “Sansa Clip” on eBay and/or Amazon.com, and you’ll find several pages of good accessories, including chargers and silicone cases.  I use a black silicone case and a small screen protector for my 4GB Clip.

Hope that helps.

You also can search for accessories here and at other forums.

Short answers:

–  No Clip-specific docking stations are available, as far as I am aware (simply buy a small easel or something similar); as you have seen, there is no bottom port on the Clip to dock into (the Clip uses the USB port on its side to connect for power and data).

–  Silicone cases are available for the Clip all over, including at Amazon.com and Best Buy; cheaper on eBay and at online electronics/accessories resellers like pcmicrostore.com (as far as I am aware, they all sell the same model, or very similar).  DLO has a neoprene case called the “Action Jacket” (check at a place like Best Buy; nice, but more expensive).  i-nique used to have a nice leather case (no longer being sold?).

–  The Clip can connect to any speaker that can connect to the Clip’s 3.5 mm earphone jack; this is an option with many speakers, even those that have a docking system for other players.  Simply connect the speaker’s cable to the Clip’s jack (if you need a cable to connect the 2, they are readily available at electronics stores such as Radio Shack).

–  The Clip can use readily-available AC adapters that are 5 volt, around 350 or 500 mAmp or above, and that have a standard mini-B USB connector to fit into the Clip’s USB port.  Macally, DLO and others sell them, and they also are available at eBay, Amazon.com, Wal-Mart and many electronics resellers; you also may have a charger already, as many cellphone and GPS rechargers will work with the Clip. 

Hope this helps a bit–

Message Edited by Miikerman on 02-17-2009 10:56 AM

Thanks! I found the cases in a variety of colors on eBay…exactly what I was looking for!!!

Very, very helpful! I have a Motorola Razr phone and the charger says "5.0 V and 550mA ". The connection also looks like a match. Anyone know if this will work? Don’t want to fry my new toy!

Thanks for all the great ideas! Keep 'em coming!

@ralyn wrote:

Very, very helpful! I have a Motorola Razr phone and the charger says "5.0 V and 550mA ". The connection also looks like a match. Anyone know if this will work? Don’t want to fry my new toy!

Thanks for all the great ideas! Keep 'em coming!

What you have should do fine.   I also have a small mobile/cell phone charger and they work great. :)   5 VDC is the correct voltage and 550mA should be more than enough current for the small clip to charge it. 

Is this one of those US only deals?

I sure hope not.

It probably is. Are their wal-marts over seas?

I just hope there’s still some there when my tax $$ comes in… I want a 4GB model, but if the 8GB is till the same price I would be all over it.

@conversionbox wrote:
It probably is. Are their wal-marts over seas?

There’s tons of walmarts in canada. This is really pissing me off though because I’ve wanted to get the clip for so long but they’re rediculously priced. $59.99 for the 2 gb and $89.99 for the 4 gb at futureshop. The walmarts I’ve been to didn’t have any clips at all ffs.