Sansa Clip + 4GB Dead

I have had my clip + for about a 4 months now and it is now totally dead (Yes I tried the reset method to no help) I plugged it into my notebook computer and it was syncing songs and it just froze (The Clip device not the computer) the computer said found new hardware and the drivers were installed so I unplugged the clip and now it will not turn on or do anything at all

Is there a way to revive this player or should I request an RMA?

Thanks

Hi FMTC,

I have had a Sansa Clip+ 4GB for about 5 months.  I was listening to it earlier tonight and it stopped playing.  I’d had it plugged in all day so I knew the battery was practically fully charged. A look at the display showed it as in “Refreshing Your Media” mode, then it switched off.  Removing the MicroSD card and trying the swPower button failed, as did connecting it to the computer when I got home.

However, after reading a post in a FUZE forum I tried this method and it worked:  I held down the HOME button and the Power button simultaneously for about 5 seconds or so.  When I did it I hit the Home button a split second before also holding down Power (not that that necessarily mattered).  After a few seconds it showed the Sansa flower, and connecting it to the computer it began to charge as normal.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the info … I was only 1 mile into my run when my Clip stopped working.

Came home and tried to charge it … nothing. Tried a couple other things … nothing.

So I tried the HOME/POWER simultaneously … nothing.

BUT then I tried the HOME a split second before the POWER … and voila. Flower. Music. Smile.

I tried. and a removable disk sign showed up in the PC. but it says the disk needs to be formated.

my problem is :i saved several mp3 songs from PC to the clip’s “internal memory” folder.
when i tried to listen to the songs, the screen says not enough space for music DB. please free 90mb. and it just has no response.

and after several times of reset, it is totally dead now.

Thank you, worked great.

Hi,

I m also facing the same problem…I tries the proposed solution but its not wrking…plz suggest me… whn i connect my device to my notebook sansa clip is not responding…plz suggest me…

karthikpola wrote:

I m also facing the same problem…I tries the proposed solution but its not wrking…plz suggest me… whn i connect my device to my notebook sansa clip is not responding…plz suggest me…

Try a desktop computer (back ports preferred). Laptops or notebooks do not put out enough power to the USB ports a lot of the time. Their goal is to ‘conserve’ power, not ‘spend’ it.

mi sanza fuze no le sirven los botones solo el de home y el de encendido???

como lo soluciono ???

KRONOZ wrote:

mi sanza fuze no le sirven los botones solo el de home y el de encendido???

como lo soluciono ???

You mis-posted, in the Clip+ board. 

Thank you so much for this solution - worked for me!

Thanks so much SpaceJockey!

I know they are only $50 but my temp job just ended and I really thought the thing was dead.

I googled and this was the first page I came to and your press and hold home first… etc got me a  nice flower and “refreshing media” 

(i get a lot of “refreshing media.” must remove 4GB memory chip and put in safe place)

previously, I have killed two Creative Zen Micros (which were easier to make playlists on)

now to fix the legs on my  1993 Laser keyboard… (years ago the ex slammed his fist down on it and broke a leg. found a matching keyboard at a yard sale. had a broken leg too…) Hopefully my 2003 cell phone will hold up… the  buttons are  getting iffy and i’ve  killed two chargers.

anyway, hope you wander thru here from time to time so you can know your advice is still helping people. I signed up just to say thanks.

What a sweet person: (1) to note that this trick works for others; and (2) to say thanks!

Clip+ 4GB  - Was freezing up on  a regular ly.  Lately on a daily basis. Yesterday it went dead and will not come back. Tried all suggestions.  Power button for 15 seconds. Nothing  Then 60 seconds. Nothing. Tried Home / Power for 15 / 30 / 60 seconds. Plug in to Computer. Pluged into wall charger. Nothing Nothing Nothing!  Only 5 months old.  Now what?

You might try leaving the player plugged into the power overnight or for1-2 days–this “trickle-charging” can bring a player back to life.

Also, I’ve read reports here of a player starting up again through some combination of turning the player on while pressing the home and select buttons (sometimes people have said press the home button a split second before the select button).  I’ve never had to do this and wonder about this undocumented method, but you could try puttering around with it–why not and who knows, it could work.

And then, if all else fails, you have a minimum 1-year warranty on the player, and could contact SanDisk for a warranty replacement.

Miikerman, thank you so much for responding, but I’ve been researching this all morning and I’ve pushed every combination of buttons.  Only thing left isto let it sit and hopefully drain the battery. 

I suppose the warranty would work if only I could find that darn receipt. 

But…

WOW page after page on a dozen of different sites filed with Clip users having the same freeze up problem and the final solution seems to be letting it sit for days on end for the battery to die and then maybe have it reset itself. What for? Only to have it freeze up again. Now that seems like a great solution, Sandisk. Maybe its SanDisk’s plan to forced me to buy a couple more of these dogs. So when one is sitting around frozen up draining the battery I’ll have another one to use. Seems Sandisk can’t get its act together to fix this problem. This MP3 isn’t that great that we should have to put up with this poor design and quality control. Maybe it’s time to look at the Apple Products. :frowning:

If/when you can get the player going again, I would reapply the latest firmware–it could be a corrupt code issue.

Thanks.  I Checked 2 weeks ago for update. I have / had the latest. 

Yep, understood that you have the latest.  But sometimes the software code can become corrupted over time–reapplying the firmware replaces that old, corrupted code with a pristine, new copy and can fix issues that had resulted.  At the very least, it can’t hurt.

I’ve got the exact same problem!

I love my clip+ to bits, but I’ve only had her six months and she freezes up at least once a day. 

It stalled on ‘refreshing media’ for an entire bus ride to work and then a whole seven hour shift in my pocket (yes really), I reset her before I got on the bus home and she wouldn’t turn back on.

Won’t respond to any computers, I’ve used all the ports and three different cables so I know it’s not that.

Right now she’s on day 2 of being plugged into the wall but she’s frozen on that **bleep** sansa flower screen. She’ll flash that, and then turn off. Nothing more. 

Trying all the button combos I can think of but I’m losing hope.

My manual and such were in the old house, wah! Really can’t afford another, feeling kinda heartbroken.

The things we do to avoid iPods, huh? ): 

@tweeker wrote:

I’ve got the exact same problem!

I love my clip+ to bits, but I’ve only had her six months and she freezes up at least once a day. 

It stalled on ‘refreshing media’ for an entire bus ride to work and then a whole seven hour shift in my pocket (yes really), I reset her before I got on the bus home and she wouldn’t turn back on.

Won’t respond to any computers, I’ve used all the ports and three different cables so I know it’s not that.

Right now she’s on day 2 of being plugged into the wall but she’s frozen on that **bleep** sansa flower screen. She’ll flash that, and then turn off. Nothing more. 

Trying all the button combos I can think of but I’m losing hope.

My manual and such were in the old house, wah! Really can’t afford another, feeling kinda heartbroken.

The things we do to avoid iPods, huh? ): 

Not all of us.:dizzy_face::stuck_out_tongue: