Sansa Clip+ 4G won't show/play downloaded files in appropriate formats

This is my first time posting and I have done my best to educate myself on file conversions and sampling rates but I’m stuck.  I have a new clip+ 4G and am using MediaMonkey and DBPoweramp converter. Rhapsody required a subscription so I didn’t want to use.

I have dowloaded a 24bit flac file but do not know what the best file format is to convert to so that the player will play the file.  I have tried converting to WAV, WMA, Apple lossless, etc. but file sizes seem to be too big for player.  I have tried converting at different bit-rates to compress the files to an acceptable size with no luck. I have tried both MTP and MSC modes on the player when dragging and droppoing files.  I just want to find the highest quality setting for song files that the player will accept for a small selection of my highest quality downloads.

Help appreciated,

davfab

use 16bit FLAC and you should be good to go

davfab wrote:

This is my first time posting and I have done my best to educate myself on file conversions and sampling rates but I’m stuck.  I have a new clip+ 4G and am using MediaMonkey and DBPoweramp converter. Rhapsody required a subscription so I didn’t want to use.

I have dowloaded a 24bit flac file but do not know what the best file format is to convert to so that the player will play the file.  I have tried converting to WAV, WMA, Apple lossless, etc. but file sizes seem to be too big for player.  I have tried converting at different bit-rates to compress the files to an acceptable size with no luck. I have tried both MTP and MSC modes on the player when dragging and droppoing files.  I just want to find the highest quality setting for song files that the player will accept for a small selection of my highest quality downloads.

Help appreciated,

davfab

WMA lossless and Apple lossless are not playable on Sansas…but as drlucky said, 16-bit FLAC is your answer.

Thanks for quick response I’ll give it a try.

Thanks for following up. I’m going to give it a try.