Sansa Clip 01.01.29 Latest Firmware Download

Hey “Rocket” thanks for the step by step.  I followed the directions and I think I have it downloaded.  I downloaded a couple of books from my library website and it looks like this will take care of the bookmark issue.  I bought it for audio books after my M250 stopped cooperating.  I can still use that one for music.  Also haven’t been able to download the firmware for it either.  Been trying for a year.  Same error message, but haven’t found a link to manually download that one.  If you have advice on that one it would be appreciated. 

No problem, mchapp. I have a tendency to lurk around these forums, but remain quiet so I know quite a bit. Lol.

To make sure that your firmware has upgraded to the new one, simply do the following.

1. Turn clip on
  2. Navigate to the Settings menu.
  3. From there, open up “System Info”
  4. The first line should be “Version V01.01.29A”. Which would confirm that your firmware has, in fact, been upgraded successfully.

As for the M250, one of my ex-best friends (her guardian gave her an ultimatum, get rid of me or else, blah blah blah… miss her a lot =[ ) had the M250, I had looked around on how to upgrade her M250, and found that it actually seems a tad too hard to be bothered with. Your best bet is to go to the “M200 series” area on these forums for more info on the deal, or you could just search on Google as there may be a bit more in-depth info there.

I’ll search up on the net for you real quick, I’ll see if I can find the page that I originally checked out about it for you.

Edit: Your best bet is to go to the link below, (to the Sansa update page) which gives you a link to the firmware. No guarantee that it’s the most recent.
SanDisk SD Card, Memory Cards, and Flash Drives for PC & Mac | Western Digital - Can’t get it to hyperlink correctly, sorry =/

Should be the same deal as the instructions above to find out the firmware version for the M250. As I said above, I don’t own an M250 (my little Clip here is actually my first Sansa, and the only one I haven’t managed to break :smileyvery-happy:), and I can’t access my friends’ MP3.

Message Edited by TheRocket on 08-31-2008 06:47 PM

Message Edited by TheRocket on 08-31-2008 06:48 PM

Message Edited by TheRocket on 08-31-2008 06:49 PM

new to the forum…how can i tell what version of firmware i have…I just purchased a sansa clip 2gb…tks

On the Clip, Settings/System info.

Voicing my support here.

Praise:

Thank you to Sansa developers for “switching on” the OggVorbis support.

Bug report:

Please fix the OGG comment field case-insensitivity / numeric-insensitivity support

Please do some testing with Ubuntu 8.04 LTS operating system, it seems that the Sansa Clip does not always behave appropriately when in MTP mode even with the most recent developer code of libmtp library used by Rhythmbox application.

Enhancement request:

Please support ReplayGain / VorbisGain if it can be done.

Please, please, please provide a means for adding songs to a playlist without actually playing them. I would like to use the Clip in a deejay / party mix situation to build a playlist or add a request to the playlist.

So will we ever see another firmware update? I’m starting to think we’ll have to wait for the Rockbox firmware, that is, if the devs manage to implement it since the clip has very little internal memory. But if they do they will probably pwn any further official firmware.

Message Edited by Lucky_Luciano on 09-19-2008 02:22 PM

@lucky_luciano wrote:
So will we ever see another firmware update? I’m starting to think we’ll have to wait for the Rockbox firmware, that is, if the devs manage to implement it since the clip has very little internal memory. But if they do they will probably pwn any further official firmware.
Message Edited by Lucky_Luciano on 09-19-2008 02:22 PM

yeah it will be out within 2 weeks.

You can already add songs to the go list without actually playing them.   Navigate to “Songs” level.  Scroll to the song you wish  to add.   Press and hold the center button.  Song is added to the go list.  Press and hold again to remove it.

It would be great if Sandisk could fix some of the glitches with the display in a future firmware upgrade, like when it goes blank, but you still have sound playing. The freezing is a bad issue too.

@magzbro92 wrote:
It would be great if Sandisk could fix some of the glitches with the display in a future firmware upgrade, like when it goes blank, but you still have sound playing. The freezing is a bad issue too.

The screen is supposed to go blank, it’s a feature not a glitch.  You can change how long it stays lit in the settings.

None of my 3 clips have frozen.

how long should the update take? - mine is still saying “firmware update in progress” after 45 mins.

before that it was frozen on “refresh database” everytime i switched it on. i applied the firmware update to cure this.

roger

@squowse wrote:

how long should the update take? - mine is still saying “firmware update in progress” after 45 mins.

before that it was frozen on “refresh database” everytime i switched it on. i applied the firmware update to cure this.

roger

Something’s wrong there…should only take a few seconds…

well uhh… semptember is almost over… *hint* *hint*

where’s my flac support!.. :cry:

Holy moly, you guys are demanding.  I’m trying to think of any other company that would actually monitor people’s posts in a user forum and then come out with a firmware update to meet their demands.

Not downplaying the goodness or usefulness of this forum, but my guess is that the participants constitute a small fraction of the total Sansa user base.  The fact that Sandisk would actually respond to ANY user forum demand in a relatively short amount of time is pretty impressive.

And did I actually see somewhere in the forum (I’ve been away for a while) that Sandisk recently added OGG support to one of its player’s firmware?  That’s amazing.  What percentage of the total user base would you say wants OGG support?

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 09-29-2008 02:45 PM

Friday,  sorry thats October.

Don’t give me any flac! :wink:

[EDIT: One lousey sentance, and I make a typo!]

Message Edited by Cllipman on 09-29-2008 06:55 PM

well today’s friday where’s the new fw?

Friday is not over yet :slight_smile:

@cllipman wrote:

Not to be picky, but ‘lousy’ & ‘sentence’ are both misspelled in your EDIT. More typos? :smileyvery-happy:

There’s a reason why there is a CHECK SPELLING button above the message composition pane. It’s so hopefully people will use it. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@cllipman wrote:

Not to be picky, but ‘lousy’ & ‘sentence’ are both misspelled in your EDIT. More typos? :smileyvery-happy:

There’s a reason why there is a CHECK SPELLING button above the message composition pane. It’s so hopefully people will use it. :wink:

Actually- I noticed those errors after posting…just thought I’d leave them in for comedic effect! :smiley: