Sansa Clip 01.01.29 Latest Firmware Download

First, Love the clip, love the support you give it.  One recommendation for the firmware though. 

Stop me if you’ve heard this one… I searched and only found one post regarding a different model, same idea.

Current behaviour - When charging if the unit is disconnected, the firmware updates the DB and starts the unit in play mode.

Recommended change - After updating the DB and such, either power off, or power on in PAUSE so if unattended, it will power off.

So many situation lead to bad results.

1.  Charged it the night before a 5  hour flight.  Last thing before bed I yanked it and tossed it in my bag.  Pull it out on the plane… no battery.  D’oh!  This was my first lesson.  Now I know I have to look at it and power it off or hit pause.

2.  Plugged it in to the PC to charge.  Shut down the PC at the end of the day.  Next morning, it’s at half battery because it’s been playing to noone all night.  (Having it’s own little party without me.)

I don’t see the bonus in the current logic.  I’d rather have to hit a button to make it play (or power on) after pulling the plug.  Then it’s consistent in all situations.  Whether it was charging or just sitting on the table, you power it up to listen to tunes.

Here’s the thread of the other guy with a different unit talking about the same issue.  He got some goofy responses due to his description (and maybe his tone of entitlement.)  Me, I’ll adjust and still love the unit.  But everything else in the firmware is logical and user friendly so I thought I’d toss out the suggestion.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&message.id=19019&query.id=22225#M19019

Message Edited by Down2TheC on 07-26-2008 07:39 AM