Sansa Clip 01.01.20 Latest Firmware Download

@steveg wrote:

@peabody wrote:

This has probably been covered before, but I just want to be sure this is on the fix list.  In v.20, the fast forward function does not work on large files.  I just downloaded a 64K mp3 file that’s 46 meg in size, and 1:38:00 long, and it appears to FF ok, but when I release that button, it goes to the next file.  I understand there will be a Podcast folder with bookmarks, but we still need a normal FF that works on large files.

My Clip with 01.01.20 firmware fast forwards (FF) and rewinds (RW) through large files just fine.  I download audiobooks (in DRM-protected WMA format) from both OverDrive and NetLibrary.  Overdrive breaks up the book into parts around one hour each while NetLibrary generally puts the entire book in one file.  I’ve listened to books from NetLibrary around 20 hours long with no problems with FF or RW. 

Well, my Clip doesn’t behave so well.  The file I referred to originally was the one found here:

http://www.twit.tv/sn140

When I attempt to FF by holding down that button, it appears to be behaving properly, but when I release the button, instead of stopping at that point, it either skips to the beginning fo the next file, or if there isn’t one, it goes back to the beginning of the same file and goes into pause mode.

Maybe mine is defective.