Sansa Clip 01.01.17A Firmware Download

Please see the new 01.01.18a thread for the firmware update!

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=718

Message Edited by ekaj on 12-03-2007 03:48 PM

Thanks Jake. I’m sure this will be helpful to the members of the SanDisk Sansa Community.

Thanks a lot Jake!!

Go SanDisk!!

Jake,  you are the man. 

Is this a new firmware update ? My Clip says 01.01.17F. Is the “F” related to the country ? (I live in France)

So can this be used to update the firmware on a Mac instead of using a Windows XP computer? Seems like I could just drag the file into the directory just the same as if it was on a Windows XP computer.

Also to clarify, what is meant by the "root directory", is there a folder name "root" or do you mean you just drag it into the main drive that comes up when you attach the clip?

So once it's disconnected, the Clip will somehow update itself with that file without being connected? Should I reconnect and delete the file out of the directory once it is done updating?

"

Also to clarify, what is meant by the “root directory”, is there a folder name “root” or do you mean you just drag it into the main drive that comes up when you attach the clip?

So once it's disconnected, the Clip will somehow update itself with that file without being connected? Should I reconnect and delete the file out of the directory once it is done updating?

" yes--you just drag it into the main drive that comes up when you attach the clip
no--the bin file self deletes
done

@imself wrote:
Is this a new firmware update ? My Clip says 01.01.17F. Is the “F” related to the country ? (I live in France)

Different regions have different firmware letters.

“F” is a European Region player with FM Tuner enabled. The “A” is for Americas Region.

This new Firmware crashed my unit.  I can’t connect to my computer nor my wifes.  My wife bought 2 sansa clips - one for herself and one for me.  I updated my firmware yesterday to the 01.01.17A and it won’t be recognized on my computer or hers but her clip connects to both computers no problem.  Tried all the tricks listed - hold w/ center button etc.  Nothing.

I even tried erasing the firmware on the unit by holding the home and center buttons at the same time when starting it up which brings up the screen Erase Firmware? Press center button to confirm - and it just turns off and nothing is fixed.

Anyone got any more bright ideas?

I finally got it to connect but it took several times for it to connect. I had to go into device manager on my pc and uninstal the “unknown device” under the USB devices.  Then do the hold w/ press center button. It connected through windows explorer as a drive.  I was unable to format it (righ click - format) but I selected all the files listed and deleted them. I then pasted the m300a.bin file from driver zip file (posted in other thread). Unplugged device. The Clip then installed the firmware on it own.  So far so good.

What a pain in the ass!

I just bought one in France for my daughter but there is no FM radio, despite it being advertised as having FM.
Does yours have FM radio?
Does the firmware update fix the missing radio problem?

i installed the firmware update but it ends in A (for America?).  the FM radio is now installed but will not preset channels, not that that is too much of a bother.  there are only 3 she listens to anyway.

Been over 30 minutes since I rebooted with the firmware binary in root. Message on screen is “Firmware upgrade in progress”. 

How long does this take?

ozbird,

When you say it does not preset channels, can you clarify on that?  In order to preset channel, either you go to FM Radio, then press the down button & choose “Auto Presets” or you can manually scan to your selected station, then press the down button and choose “Add Preset”.  Once you have added your desired stations, then you can press the center button to jump from one station to the next.  Hope this helps

KSM,

Try slide the power button up & hold there for 5 seconds and then turn it on again & see what happen.  It should reset your device and the device should be updated.  Try that and let me know how it goes.