Highlighted
Accepted Solution

SanDisk Sansa Clip+4GB MP3 Player with FM Radio

[ Edited ]

Hello -

Got my new sansa clip+ out of the box and I am not able to make the FM radio work.  Battery is charged.  All I get on the screen is a set of headphones and "music".  I don't expect it to play any music because I haven't loaded any yet but I would expect to be able to get to the FM Radio but can't seem to make that happen.  Any suggestions on how I make that happen?  Thank you. 

Please note that I do not see a menu of items to select from on the MP3 player.  I do not see a "lock" or "unlock" . 

My computer recognizes the player as a new piece of hardware. 

The player is not recognizing the software on the CD when I put the CD into the computer. 

The player does not allow me to pull the software over to what I t hink is the "root directory" for the player.  I am guessing tha the "root directory" is the "Sansa Clip+ 4GB" or the "Internal Memory".  It won't allow me to copy into either of these.   Comes up as:

+ Sansa Clip+ 4GB

- Internal Memory

+ Albums

+ Audio Books

+ Music

+ Playlists

+ Podcasts

+ Records

+ Service

My D Drive that reads the CD has these files on it:

autorun.inf and sansa-installer.exe and another folder that reads:

fscommand with these files on it:   dloadrhap.exe , dloadrhap.txt , proxy.bat , proxy.exe

If I don't need any of these, please let me know.  I don't want any more stuff then I need to run the player.

I am assuming that I only need hte autorun.inf and the sansa-installer.exe files. 

I don't understand what Rhapsody is or why I need it.

Thank you.

Bonnie

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: SanDisk Sansa Clip+4GB MP3 Player with FM Radio

Did you peel off the sticker that covers the display window? There should be a small tab to help peel it off. Also there should be some songs already loaded for samples.When you see the real window scrolldown to FM radio. Good luck.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Now, don't laugh at this suggestion, but: when you receive the player, there is a protective clear plastic sticker that has been placed over the player's screen, which has a simulated screen showing the items that you describe seeing on your screen--did you peel that sticker off? (There typically is a small tab on the right side of the sticker to help with that.) Smiley Happy Once you do that, the player hopefully will start functioning as you expect. As to the CD, you don't need it at all! The CD only is needed for using the separate and optional Rhapsody music subscription service (for which you pay each month, after a free trial, typically). If you don't want that service, skip the CD. Finally, you should check and see if your player has the latest firmware--look under the player's System settings and compare that version number to thelatest firmware listed in the Firmnware Upgrade sticky thread at the top of this forum. If the thread here has a more recent firrmware version, recommended that you upgrade to it--it is very easy to do. Hope this helps!
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

OK ... removing the sticky film did help.  And I feel like an idiot.  But I am still going to ask the next question:

I am not seeing the settings ... and I think the language is German.  How do I get to an English settings menu. 

Thank you

Bonnie

I did the manual load of the most current version of software and that has fixed the language issue so I am good to go.  Everything is working now.  Thanks for all the help.  Bye.

Bonnie

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Glad that helped.  Now, even if it is in German, you can still navigate to settings.  Press Home button to see the menu.  Music should look almost the same (Musik).  Look for Einstellungen (? I think).  It should be the next choice on the menu up from music.  Press the center button to choose settings(Einstellungen), then select Systemeinstellungen (system settings), then Sprache (language), then English.  Hope that works for you.  (I used to teach Spanish, but German is not my forte.)

Highlighted

Thank you - taking the tab off helped.  I can't believe I was so dumb.  thank you thank you

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Sometimes, it's the smallest things in life that can trip us up . . . but it makes for a great story at a party, right?  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

As many people as seem to be having trouble with this, maybe we should start a FAQ or a

thread. It could start out with

1. Peel the protective sticker off the face of the unit.
  2. Read the manual.
  3. When the player freezes up or acts wonky, perform a reset.
  4. If you have problems, go back and re-read the manual.
  5. If you still have problems, post a new message here.

Smiley LOL

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Tapeworm wrote:

As many people as seem to be having trouble with this, maybe we should start a FAQ or a

thread. It could start out with

1. Peel the protective sticker off the face of the unit.
  2. Read the manual.
  3. When the player freezes up or acts wonky, perform a reset.
  4. If you have problems, go back and re-read the manual.
  5. If you still have problems, post a new message here.

Smiley LOL

Plus to add:  if the volume is too low, be sure to try using the volume controls on the side of the player.    Smiley Wink

Highlighted

Hello and thanks to all who provided comments and feedback.  Everything is now working exactly as I would expect and I'm very happy with my little MP3.  Bye.  Bonnie