Samsung class 10 32gb micro SD card won't work with my clip+

I can view the card and put files onto it but it says empty on my clip after refreshing. I have tried a 2gb Sandisk card and that works fine. Tried using Linux and Windows. Also tried updating firmware.

Any other suggestions than buying a new card?

did you format the card first? I tried to and didnt work…reformated to FAT32 and worked…

As noted above, I’d try reformatting. Also note: some people have reported issues with above Class 4 speed microSD cards (unfortunately).

@miikerman wrote:

As noted above, I’d try reformatting. Also note: some people have reported issues with above Class 4 speed microSD cards (unfortunately).

Are you sure you didn’t mean Class 10? Class 4 cards work like a dream. :confounded:

This post(although referring to phones) may shed some light on the issue and also be applicable to mp3 players. In fact, probably even more so (provided one agrees with the opinion).

@tapeworm wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Are you sure you didn’t mean Class 10? Class 4 cards work like a dream. :confounded:

This post(although referring to phones) may shed some light on the issue and also be applicable to mp3 players. In fact, probably even more so (provided one agrees with the opinion).

That’s why I wrote, “above Class 4” . . . .

@miikerman wrote:

That’s why I wrote, “above Class 4” . . . .

Sorry, missed the word ‘above’. :flushed:

Hi Humanracer, I tried this just to see it for myself. Formatting to FAT32 fixed this.