SANSACLIP STUCK

When I switch it on it goes to an icon/menu option of its own choice but then won’t allow me to navigate from there.  It just stays at that position and then switches off!??  Would really appreciate some advice/assistance. Thank you.

Try a reset? Hold the spring-loaded power switch in the UP position for 20 - 30 seconds. Release, then see if it starts up normally.

Thanks for that but unfortunately it hasn’t worked! :cry:

Try holding it a little longer, maybe up to a minute. Are you sure it has a good charge on it? I’d leave it plugged into the computer (or a wall charger) for a good 4 hours (making sure the animated battery icon is flashing). If it’s still un-responsive after that, then it’s time to put in a call to Sansa Tech Support. If they can’t get it up & runnin’, then at least they can get an RMA# (Returned Merchandise Authorization) started for you to get you a replacement under the 1 year warranty.

That is, if it’s under 1 year old. :wink:

A couple of other things to try as well:

A reapplication of the firmware (it could have become corrupted over time)–see the sticky thread on firmware upgrade at the top of the forum; and/or a reformat, from the Clip’s settings (note:  this will erase your content on the Clip, but it sometimes can fix inexplicable situations).