Highlighted

Re: SANSA CLIP JUST STOPPED WORKING

I am having the same issue - my clip+ totally stopped working. Resetting has not worked, nor has leaving it plugged in to my computer for days. I have been trying to get in touch with Sansa to organise a return (I bought it in May) but have had no response - any ideas folks?

I love my clip+ but am disappointed at not being able to use it and am not getting any customer service...

:-(

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Did you telephone SanDisk?  Often the fastest way, better than email.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us sandi

Highlighted

I tried holding down the power button for 20+ seconds and it worked!!

Still, this kind of pisses me off because I had one I bought previously and it had the same problem.  I figured it was broken so I threw it away and bought another one with a 2 year warranty - all to find out all I probably had to do was hold down the power button for 20+ seconds!?  grr!

That old sandisk I had - I grew partial to it because I used it everyday for a couple of years!  Hopefully the company will start informing people about this "reboot" thing with the power button because it's a waste of money to throw away something that obviously works!  Maybe the company has issued a statement or has it in the instructions - in which case I'm an ass - but if they don't then please do so!

Thanks

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@bwidger wrote:

I tried holding down the power button for 20+ seconds and it worked!!

Maybe the company has issued a statement or has it in the instructions - in which case I'm an ass - but if they don't then please do so!

The reset procedure is documented in the User's Guide.

Highlighted

Smiley Happy Excellent tip. I was about to buy something else as well. In my case I had to press for more than 20 seconds...

45 seconds may be BUT it worked! Complete ressuscitation of the patient!

Smiley Wink I am recommendidng you for the post of  SanDisk chief engineer Smiley Wink

Thank you!

Highlighted

THANKS for this thread. I signed up just to post that this really worked.

I was upset when my Clip+ just turned itself off and the power button did nothing. I attached it to the wall charger which always turns it on and again it appeared to have no power.

I held in the power button for at least 20 seconds and let go then I pushed the power button again and it sprung to life. I powered it off. Just to be sure, I plugged it into the wall charger and it powered on again as if nothing had ever happened.

I always assumed my Clip+  would eventually stop accepting a charge so I was prepared to use it in the future plugged in. I just never imagined it would appear to die completely so I could not use it at all.

Highlighted

Thanks...holding down the on/off for 20-30 worked for me...was worried.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Good thing to read the user manual (see the link for it at the top of the forum, in one of the sticky threads), which covers the reset procedure (and lots more!). 

Highlighted

Great, it worked! Thanks for your tip!

Highlighted

My Sansa Clip was fully charged, but just stopped playing. I discovered that I had a disconnect in the wire from the Clip to my headphones. If I wiggled the wire around the music would come back on, then go aff again when I released the wire.

Hope this helps som of you. Victor