Rockboxed Clip+ issue

I was having an issue whereby when I boot in RB, the Clip+ does not detect any files, but it does so just fine in OF.

Someone suggested I reinstall, so I did.

Now my microSDHC (Sandisk also) is unable to be used or read, both by my computer or Clip+.

My PC says to reformat, but when I try to, it fails. 

Any ideas?

Okay the microSDHC issue is fixed now.

Booting up in RB keeps getting me the .rockbox directory not found message though… When I explore the player on my computer, it’s right there.

Worked fine the first few times after I first Rockboxed my player, now it only works like 20% of the time…

Anybody have some idea what might be going on?

I used rockboxutility at first, then manual when it started giving me problems. The .rockbox folder and its contents are right there… :frowning:

Are they on the internal memory, not the SD card?

Yes, the .rockbox folder is on the internal memory.

G:.rockbox

(where G is the Clip+'s drive)

Check the disk for file system errors and then download a new copy of rockbox to the player. Its probably some file system corruption.

Have repeatedly formatted and reinstalled both RB and OF.

On top of the above RB problems, even in OF my Clip+ is hanging in the middle of song playback. Just MP3s not even FLACs.

The exact same files play just fine on my iPod Touch and PC.

So you’ve reformatted as fat32 and reinstalled what exactly?

Redid the rockbox installation with the utility.

Anyway, I’ve never connected the player to PC in RB mode cause I did it once and the device driver installation or something failed and I never tried it again.

However, yesterday, I accidentally connected my player to PC forgetting it is on RB mode, this time the driver installed successfully, and 2 additional folders appeared in the player’s root folder. “##MUSIC#” and “##PORT#”.

Been working flawlessly ever since, been turning the player off and on about 10 times now, both to test and to listen to music, working perfectly.

Funny that I’ve been looking for help all over the place and it gets fixed by a fluke… Thanks for all the help, fingers crossed that it keeps working :slight_smile:

Okay, after a couple of days of working flawlessly, giving me the exact same **bleep** again.

Never touch any settings or files, never mess with anything at all.

Getting real frustrated >.>

@emospence wrote:

Okay, after a couple of days of working flawlessly, giving me the exact same **bleep** again.

Never touch any settings or files, never mess with anything at all.

Getting real frustrated >.>

Your issues are an absolute mystery to me.  The RB devs are somewhat conservative in their classification of builds as “stable” or unstable, and the Clip+ port certainly lives up to “stable”…once it hit official stable status, I ran it on two of them for many months without a single issue, only selling them when I got the newer model, the Clip Zip. 

Marvin, now you know why I don’t use Rockbox.

@jk98 wrote:

Marvin, now you know why I don’t use Rockbox.

There has to be more to the story here. Emospence has had more trouble in a short time on a player with a stable port (the Clip+), than I have had in seven months on my Clip Zip with its still “unstable” port.  Whether it is something with their filesystem, or their computer, or their actions, I don’t know.

I still would be willing to bet that the  majority of those who have used Rockbox have had good results with it. I even have it on my Samsung Android device, and out of the several music apps I have on there, I use Rockbox about 70% of the time…and that app is probably farther away from “stable” status than the Zip is.

When I play files in OF, files tend to get skipped as well. Nothing wrong with my files.

Could it be player problem? Hmmm…

@emospence wrote:

When I play files in OF, files tend to get skipped as well. Nothing wrong with my files.

Well, that eliminates Rockbox from the major suspect list then.