Rockbox to control volume?

So my volume up button broke, and I have no sodering experience to attempt a fix. Is there any workaround for this problem?

As a last resort option, I’ve heard Rockbox might work. Has anyone used rockbox on their Clip+? If so, how well does it run? And can you control the volume through the firmware?

Any answer would be much appreciated. 

Yes you can do that.  

I switched to rockbox for the same reason, I broke mine too.

It works great,has nice sound and battery life, and is very customisable.

USB transfers are not supported yet though, but the original firmware is stated when USB is plugged.

You can even assign a shortcut so that the volume settings are easily available when you listen to music. (long press on home button)

@s7aind wrote:

So my volume up button broke, and I have no sodering experience to attempt a fix. Is there any workaround for this problem?

Why don’t you just get it replaced under the warranty?

Very good point!    :slight_smile:

Miikerman wrote:
Very good point!    :slight_smile:

Isn’t that what Bones McCoy was so fond of saying to Spock?

Well, maybe not those exact words . . .

:stuck_out_tongue:

I bought it on Amazon nine months ago, warranty expired.

How well does Rockbox run? Are there any significant glitches? 

s7aind wrote:

SanDisk’s warranty is 1 year in US. I’ve heard it might be 2 in some parts (if not all) of EU.

s7aind wrote:

SanDisk’s warranty is 1 year in the US, and the Clip+ hasn’t been out that long yet. :wink:

Miikerman wrote:
Very good point!    :smiley:

Isn’t that what Bones McCoy was so fond of saying to Spock?

Well, maybe not those exact words . . .

:stuck_out_tongue:

Which button is busted exactly?  It can probably be worked around.

Well that’s good news than.

Do I contact SanDisk or Amazon?

As noted above, the warranty is 1 year in the U.S., 2 years in the EU.  Telephone SanDisk for a warranty replacement.

In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us. 

And you contact SanDisk:  the manufacturer, not the vendor, provides the warranty for a product, usually.  And here.