SanDisk User

Rockbox Utility Not Recognizing Clip+

I am trying to install Rockbox on my Clip+, anyone who uses RB on their Clip+, have you ever run into the "no mountpoint given" issue when trying to get the RB utility to recognize it?  What am I supposed to do to get RB on the Clip+ if it won't recognize it?

SanDisk Guru

Re: Rockbox Utility Not Recognizing Clip+

Assuming you're on Windows, you can just manually select the drive letter for your player if the utility can't automatically detect it for some reason.

SanDisk User

Try posting your query on the Rockbox forum. Those guys know the inside and out of their program and will point you in the right direction.

SanDisk User

@deathmetalred wrote:

I am trying to install Rockbox on my Clip+, anyone who uses RB on their Clip+, have you ever run into the "no mountpoint given" issue when trying to get the RB utility to recognize it?  What am I supposed to do to get RB on the Clip+ if it won't recognize it?

Be careful with rockbox...my older clip no longer works because of rockbox. Not sure how the process went wrong but the result was a dead clip.

SanDisk Guru

@Chuck_W wrote:

Be careful with rockbox...my older clip no longer works because of rockbox. Not sure how the process went wrong but the result was a dead clip.

You might want to ask for help at the Rockbox forum at rockbox.org, or at the Clip/Rockbox forum at anythingbutipod.com--the knowledgable folks there may have some suggestions for you, to bring your Clip back.  Personally, I'd go for it.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

@Miikerman wrote:

@Chuck_W wrote:

You might want to ask for help at the Rockbox forum at rockbox.org, or at the Clip/Rockbox forum at anythingbutipod.com--the knowledgable folks there may have some suggestions for you, to bring your Clip back.  Personally, I'd go for it.

I did post a message there and had some sugestions to try...none of which worked in my case. I think i really managed to cook it!

SanDisk Guru

Smiley Sad