Rockbox Assistance, Please

Hello,

I’m trying to get Rockbox on my Clip+. However, every time I try to download the program from off of the Rockbox site, I get the following error:

“rockbox-sansaclipplus.zip could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.”

I have tried fixing this several times, have attempted updating my Clip+ (firmware). At one point the Rockbox Utility even allowed me to proceed with a particular set of steps (including installing fonts and themes — but I have yet to see any of this materialize on the player).

I am sure that due to the error message, NONE of this stuff has actually been installed on my player, but rather in some obscure location on my hard drive, most likely in some temporary folder location that you need to be MCSE Certified in order to find.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks very much!! :smiley:

What program are you using to extract, or un-zip the file? 7-Zip is free and works well.

Yes, I believe you hit the proverbial nail right on the head. Evidently Vista does not have a built-in zip/unzip utility (I guess I just thought all Operating Systems had this) :cry:

I think I may have already downloaded 7 zip at some point, I’ll need to double check.

Thanks!!