RockBox on Clip :)

Just wanted to say I support SanDisk’s initiative with getting RockBox running on the Clip and e200 series. I’ve got both of these players. I pulled them out of a drawer and breathed some new life into them today. Thanks!

mlapaglia wrote:
Just wanted to say I support SanDisk’s initiative with getting RockBox running on the Clip and e200 series. I’ve got both of these players. I pulled them out of a drawer and breathed some new life into them today. Thanks!

What initiative? You make it sound like it was their idea all along. Truth is, they actually had very little to do with it. Rockbox was developed by talented people for no pay and in their spare time in spite of SanDisk’s [lack of] ‘initiative’.

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 06-23-2010 02:42 PM

I haven’t tried Rockbox and don’t know very much about it. However, I would be very surprised if any manufacturer of anything welcomed or supported an unrelated entity making this type of drastic change to it’s product for both selfish and warranty considerations. Heck, camera people only want you to use their brand of rechargeable batteries (at least that is the case with Canon).