Risk to Clip+?

Last night I turned off my computer forgetting that my Clip+ was recharging in a USB port.  This morning my player seems to be working OK, but I am worried about possible damage to either the player or the battery.  I have read other threads where people have experienced problems after such occurrences.  Is turning off the computer while recharging the Clip a known hazard for Clips or are the experiences in the other threads just one of a kind accidents?  Thank you.

Turning off the computer is electrically no different then simply ejecting the player and unplugging it, unless you have a computer that still provides power over USB even when its off, in which case its equivalent to ejecting the player and then leaving it connected.  

Thank you, Saratoga.  Your answer gives me some peace of mind.

The Clip+ should be just fine.  Upon shutdown of the computer, it ejects the drive, then powers down.  Some computers keep the power lines live, depending upon the configuration and the power supply.  If power remains live, the display of the Clip+ will turn off after a delay, allowing it to simply charge.

The PC may try to boot from the connected Sansa if it is configured to boot from USB, which is the primary issue I see.

As for the device, it will be just fine.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

@neutron_bob wrote:

The Clip+ should be just fine.  Upon shutdown of the computer, it ejects the drive, then powers down.  Some computers keep the power lines live, depending upon the configuration and the power supply.  If power remains live, the display of the Clip+ will turn off after a delay, allowing it to simply charge.

The PC may try to boot from the connected Sansa if it is configured to boot from USB, which is the primary issue I see.

As for the device, it will be just fine.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, im experiencing this with my PC. Im not sure tho if it has something to do with the PSU or mobo. Even tho the PC off, my clip is still charging with the computer.

It would be fun to see my computer trying to boot to a Rolling Stones album.