Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Remaining time in the play screen

Hi everyone! I'd like to know if there is a way to see the remaining time of the current song in the play screen, instead of the typical "already played" time.

I'm hoping someone could help me.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Remaining time in the play screen

Short answer?

No.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Longer answer?  There isn't enough "real estate" in that bottom status line to display both elapsed and remaining times, plus the progress bar, in that line.

I've gotten used to the Clip display by allowing a little time to elapse; then, based upon the ET shown, and the amount of progress of the bar I can guess how much time remains.

I'm spoiled with the larger Sansas, as there's room for all three. 

Bob  Smiley Very Happy 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

My last player had a smaller display and could be configured to always show time remaining.  Elapsed time is useless.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I think that it could be made to fit.  Or how about a press of the center button providing further information of this sort (including, dare I say it, the current time)--that potential really is going wasted. 
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I'd love to have the option to display time elapsed / time remaining, rather than the progress bar.  It would be nice to have a simple rolling center icon that shows if playback is progressing, just like the "rolling" battery icon.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy 

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I would also like to see the elapsed time and time remaining displayed. There is no need for the progress bar. I would also like to see the battery percentage displayed rather than the battery icon.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Dare I say it, but:  under Rockbox, it is easy enough to have a What's Playing Screen which alternates showing elapsed time and remaining time. 
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Miikerman wrote:
Dare I say it, but:  under Rockbox, it is easy enough to have a What's Playing Screen which alternates showing elapsed time and remaining time. 

I was going to mention that. It's an easily programmable tag in just about any RB compatible theme. But since Rockbox is not available for the Clip+, it doesn't do much good to bring it up.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I really brought it up just to show how it is possible and easy enough to work the info. in.  I still think that pressing the center button to bring up alternate screens and info. would be a great idea, including a clock.