Refreshing Time

@omega007 wrote:

But does the sansa clip+ refreshes the database after charging on a pc even if i dont add or delete mp3’s on it?

This is kind of hit or miss.  In general, you shouldn’t have to refresh unless you add/modifiy content or eject the card. However, anytime I connect to my PC it will have to refresh.  I think it has something to do with software running on my computer (maybe anitvirus?). I notice the player always briefly says “Writing” when I first connect it, so somthing on the PC is writing to it.  Others users have posted that they can connect to a PC without having to refresh.

One way around it is to use a USB wall charger for charging and only connect to the PC to manage the content.  This is what I do and it has a few benefits.  Wall chargers can ofter recharge a little faster as they usually supply more power than a PC’s USB port.  Also, you don’t have to leave your PC on for hours just to charge your player.  And of course the wall charger is handy if you are travelling without your PC.

Another option is to connect the USB cable to the PC in such a way that the power pins are connected, but the data pins are not.  Usually, you can do this by only inserting the USB cable part way into the PC.  The power pins are longer than the data pins, so they will make contact first.  Alternatively, you can disable the inner two pins with some tape (the outer two pins are power, the inner two are data).