Highlighted

Record loses samples

Dear Sansa,

I have a new Sansa Clip+ 4gb (My third one) which came with the 01.02.17A firmware.

When I do audio reconding wit it, everything works great, but once in a while (1 min iterval at average) it loses some audio samples. So there is a skip on the recording.

This did not happened with my previous Clip+

I updated to firware 01.02.18 through Sansa Updater, but problem persists.

Could user your help.

Cheers

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Record loses samples

First, be sure to have backup copies of your music. You'll need to reload the device following a format of the internal memory.

The best solution to try for this issue is to use the device's built-in format function to optimize the memory with 32kb clusters. I'm wondering if the device may have a buffering issue with recording, and saving to memory.

On the device, go to Settings > System Settings > Format > Yes. This will format the internal memory (it will not affect the expansion microSD if one is mounted). Then try a recording to see if the dropouts have been cured.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Re: Record loses samples

Hi Neutron Bob,

I've done just that but problem still persists.

Should I go to my Sansa seller representative and present the problem?

I have a small catch: this unit is a warranty replacement over another unit that had different problems. The 2-year warranty of the first product as expired. Does this mean my "new" unit is not warranty covered?

Regardles if this sitution, I still think Sansa clip is an awsome product and will buy it again if needed.

Best regards, and thank you