Question about slotradio card with Sansa clip+

I just got a 4GB Sansa Clip+ and a slotradio card with 1000 songs.  The Sansa plays the songs fine but when I attempt to look for songs on the pre-loaded card by title or artist, I can’t do it.  Accessing the music folder and scrolling to the folders folder leads me to external uSD card folder but the player says it’s empty even with the preloaded slotradio card inserted.  Is this a malfunction or do the preloaded slot radio cards not allow you to select what you want by artistor title, etc. 

The online manual seems to indicate you can select song, artist, etc from a pre loaded card.

@akxss825 wrote:

I just got a 4GB Sansa Clip+ and a slotradio card with 1000 songs.  The Sansa plays the songs fine but when I attempt to look for songs on the pre-loaded card by title or artist, I can’t do it.  Accessing the music folder and scrolling to the folders folder leads me to external uSD card folder but the player says it’s empty even with the preloaded slotradio card inserted.  Is this a malfunction or do the preloaded slot radio cards not allow you to select what you want by artistor title, etc. 

That’s the way the SltoRadio cards work. You cannot see or choose the artists or songs that play. It’s more like a radio (hence the name) in that you never know what is coming up next, you can’t backup or replay a song, but unlike the radio you can skip a song if you don’t like it. You’d have to change the station or turn it off if ths happened listening to the actual radio.

You also cannot delve into the card and see the files to get any insight as to the content via your computer either. Again, that’s the way these cards are designed.

akxss825 wrote:

The online manual seems to indicate you can select song, artist, etc from a pre loaded card.

You can do this only with content you have added to a regular ‘blank’ SD (or SDHC) memory card.

Thanks very much.  I went back and re read the manual and now it’s clear.  One other question.  If I put the micro slot radio card into an SD adaptor, can I play it on my computer or other devices that accept SD cards?

No, it will only work with devices designed and programmed with appropriate firmware to handle them.

For example, the e200 series which will recognize and play regular SDHC cards will not play the SlotRadio cards. Even the Fuze in it’s original state, would not play these cards. The ability was added in a later firmware update.

The Clip+, being the latest & greatest player offering from SanDisk can handle these cards out of the box.

Thanks for all your help.