Problem with maximum playlist size

After upgrading to the latest firmware (20), my clips no longer support a playlist that is longer than 250.  Any playlist longer than that is simply truncated. The songs still exist on the player, I can view the full playlist on the clip from Mediamonkey, but anything above 250 is not accesible when playing that playlist.

This is a quite a problem in how I organize my music. I have a large list of my favoritte songs that I listen to 80% of the time, usually on shuffle. Then I have assorted playlists that I’ll only bring up when needed. I use to work perfectly with the original firmware on my 2gb Clip.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? (there is a possible workaround by manipulating the genre field, or breaking up the playlist in to 250 song chunks, neither of which are appealing to me). Doe anyone know which is the last firmware to support longer playlists?

I do not know, but whenever you find out I want to know. My Sansa E280 has the same problem.

The next release of Sansa Clip firmware will support up to 1000 songs in a playlist.  Its about 2 weeks or less away.

Thanks,

SansaFix 

Hello people

I’ve recently bought a ClipZip 8GB, got my songs on it, and the playlist size is now limited to 1000 pieces, incidentally still too small for my taste. I’ve got 1051 songs that I’m almost constantly rotating, and a few separate album folders that I listen to in one go as well, so actually I don’t need a playlist for them. The thing with my Favorite Songs folder/playlist is, that I wouldn’t want to select and play a piece and go on from that each time I start the player up, just go on with the playlist. I’m not using the Play folder function for two reasons:

1. a playlist is easy to set up with my desired play order of all the songs in the folder.

2. I’m used to listening to the fav songs in perfect alphabetical order, and the ClipZip doesn’t even manage to keep that. It doesn’t play INXS after Inner Circle, for example.

I tried to work around the second problem by completely removing non-alphanumeric characters from the file names (an example Č or Ů, special characters in the Czech language), but it didn’t do the trick either.

All summed up: the actual size limit of the playlist doesn’t let me listen to all the songs in the folder, while at least keeping the play order accurate as I want it to be. In this respect I’m mourning for my old dead iRiver E150, I didn’t have any convenience problems with it…

Kindly please try to fix it :slight_smile: Many thanks in advance :) 

"I’m used to listening to the fav songs in perfect alphabetical order, " It should have the ability to do that. Have you tried sorting?

@dexsk wrote:

I’ve recently bought a ClipZip 8GB, got my songs on it, and the playlist size is now limited to 1000 pieces, incidentally still too small for my taste. . .

I’m used to listening to the fav songs in perfect alphabetical order, and the ClipZip doesn’t even manage to keep that. It doesn’t play INXS after Inner Circle, for example.

I tried to work around the second problem by completely removing non-alphanumeric characters from the file names (an example Č or Ů, special characters in the Czech language), but it didn’t do the trick either.

1. This thread is 5 years old now and is discussing the “original” clip. You have a completely different animal, the Clip Zip.

2. Did you try or use MP3Tag, a free dedicated ID3 tag-editing software program to edit your tags? Editing the Track names, eliminating any track numbers at the beginning and making sure the tags are in ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 format should allow your Zip to play your files in “perfect alphabetical order”.