Problem with clip+

Hi, I have problem with Sansa Clip+ 2GB. Yesterday i was charging battery by usb in computer. Few minutes later, when I tried to turn it on nothing happened. I was trying a lot of things, even when i connect it to usb in computer, it cannot detect it. Suddenly it detect sansa as removable disc, and when i tried to open it, it says that i need to format it. I format as FAT32 with fast format. Now i really don’t know what to do. Thanks for all answers.

And sorry for my english :slight_smile:

Whenever anything strange like this happens, first try a simple reset by pressing and holding the power button down for 20-30 seconds. Ususally this will bring it to life.

However, since you’ve already formatted it, this will not help in this case. But do please remember it for the future.

It is not advised to use the ‘Quick Format’ option in Windows, but what exactly is the player’s condition now? Does it turn on? If so, all your music should be gone. Formatting erases and optimizes the memory. So you will have to re-load whatever you had on it. But first, I’d advise you to go into Settings > System Settings > Format and format it again, leaving Windows out of it this time.

I still can’t turn it on. And i haven’t got files from sansa (i’ve only downloaded the update files and put it in disc, but it still isnt working :frowning: ) And my warranty ended

“I have problem with Sansa Clip+ 2GB”

A 2GB CLIP+ should be formatted as FAT. Clip+ players 4GB or higher should use FAT32

Connect it again and reformat it as FAT.

If this doesn’t help, then I think the only thing left to try is downloading the latest firmware and loding it on the player. Sometimes a player can get messed up if the firmware on it gets corrupted.

It still isn’t working. Can maybe sb send me all files from sansa clip+ ? Because i remember that there was more than just 3 files of firmware.

And my computer is not detecting clip as clip, but as removable disc :confused: So i cant use sansa updater

If you go to the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the Clip forum, you’ll find the latest firmware for your player.

So if it’s all files from sansa (whole firmware) then it still didn’t work.

Have you tried running an error-check on the clip+?

Yes, and it says that everything is ok

How big is the disk that you computer sees?

1,86 GB

@rka123 wrote:

1,86 GB

Thats a good sign.  What problem are you experiencing then?

Player isn’t turning on, and my computer detect it as “Removable disc” , not as sansa clip+. But most important is that the player isnt turning on :frowning:

Even when i’m connecting it to computer, Nothing appears on the screen of Sansa

And it’s 1,84GB not 1,86GB how i said ;p

So there is nothing i can do?

Give Sandisk Tech Support a call.  Maybe they can help you to get your player working again.  And if you purchased it new and if it’s still in the warranty period, then a warranty replacement.

http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

Im from Poland, so i can’t call :smiley:
And i don’t have papers for warranty :frowning:

Maybe you can call somewhere closer to where you are, like Germany?

Germany (German and English)
0800-183-0258
M-F | 8am - 7pm local German time

Did you try a reset? (Hold the on button down for 20-30 seconds, or more.) And/or, in case it’s a low battery issue, if you leave the player charging for a few days, it can trickle-charge the battery to the point that you can start the player.

@rka123 wrote:

Player isn’t turning on, and my computer detect it as “Removable disc” , not as sansa clip+. But most important is that the player isnt turning on :frowning:

Even when i’m connecting it to computer, Nothing appears on the screen of Sansa

And it’s 1,84GB not 1,86GB how i said ;p

Mine shows up as removable disc sometimes.  I think thats just a windows thing.  If you can read/write from the disk I woudln’t worry about that. 

It really just sounds like the screen is broken.  Can you do anything to make it light up?